Author Topic: Sh!te courier thread  (Read 145091 times)

Sh!te courier thread
« Reply #775 on: 24 May, 2022, 05:40:16 pm »
Evri appear to have lost a parcel between it reaching my local depot and handover to the final delivery courier.

No status updates for 16 days now. Sender waiting for confirmation item is lost, which can take up to 30 days!

Asked eBay to step in.

Re: Sh!te courier thread
« Reply #776 on: 24 May, 2022, 05:49:47 pm »
Today is DPD's turn to claim no one was in when they tried to deliver, despite there being two people home at the supposed delivery time. Perhaps they didn't bother using the buzzer. ::-)

They must have read my post, because they turned up an hour later and managed to buzz the door. ;D

« Reply #777 on: 25 May, 2022, 12:12:28 pm »
FedEx TNT are at risk of losing my companies business. Several parcels recently with no signature due to covid but no name either

Chased one yesterday as customer couldn't find and not a proper name and they have then said sorry will be delivered tomorrow.

They've yet to respond to my reply to escalate

« Reply #778 on: 01 June, 2022, 08:17:56 am »
I've mentioned before but the company I work for share a name with a big lawn mower manufacturer and are fairly local to us

A few weeks ago got an email from a customs agent requesting we set up on their system, we have to do this a lot with the fun of Brexit but as had no idea who they were shipping from ignored it

Monday and Tuesday had a courier in to collect a pallet going to Ireland. We have nothing to go to Ireland. Got the customers name and a quick Google revels they are a lawn mower dealer so suspect somewhere along the line our details have been given instead of the lawn mower manufacturer

Incidentally I spent a good few years dealing with lawn mowers so have actually managed to help people who have rung us by mistake which confuses them even more

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #779 on: 01 June, 2022, 11:23:03 am »
As a result of which I just found a YouBend video of Kim Wilde appearing on stage at Download in 2016, with Lawnmower DETH :thumbsup:
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

« Reply #780 on: 10 June, 2022, 04:30:56 pm »
Oh FFS Fedex/TNT

Have grumbled about them not getting proper names or signatures. Sent out a parcel yesterday and on the delivery instructions put get a name do not put postroom. Highlighted this with a pen

Checked tracking. No signature and name is.........postroom

Awaiting a call back from the complaints team

Need to ring DPD Monday, I'm not imagining they're perfect but at least they get a picture

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #781 on: 22 June, 2022, 08:42:47 pm »
We want to make you aware that one of our delivery partners, Yodel, has experienced a cyber incident that has caused some disruption and impacted its ability to deliver to customers.

How will we know the difference?
It is simpler than it looks.

« Reply #782 on: 22 June, 2022, 09:05:27 pm »
Oh FFS Fedex/TNT

Have grumbled about them not getting proper names or signatures. Sent out a parcel yesterday and on the delivery instructions put get a name do not put postroom. Highlighted this with a pen

Checked tracking. No signature and name is.........postroom

Awaiting a call back from the complaints team

Need to ring DPD Monday, I'm not imagining they're perfect but at least they get a picture

So having been assured that a proper name would be taken looked at latest delivery and it says postroom

Complained and was told very sorry was a temp not the usual driver

Which I then realised means they're either lieing or telling their staff/temps to not bother getting a name

« Reply #783 on: 23 June, 2022, 08:52:00 am »
We had a pallet delivery disappear en route to us. The company claimed it had been delivered, but couldn't produce a signature to prove it. When we asked for the vehicle details, they initially claimed that they didn't have them, despite their tracking information showing the delivery scanned onto a vehicle and included its registration plate. When we pointed out that the shipment was worth £200k and we'd have to get our legal team involved, suddenly they were able to find it and it was delivered within 3 hours. Couriers at the moment are just terrible.

barakta

• Bastard lovechild of Yomiko Readman and Johnny 5
« Reply #784 on: 23 June, 2022, 08:34:07 pm »
Our doorbell went on Tuesday afternoon and it was the student from next door asking if we had her parcel which "had been delivered sometime at the weekend". I didn't clock immediately cos stupidbrain that we had been away then, so it couldn't have been with us. I checked with Kim, remembered we'd been away and said we definitely didn't have it. Student said that the note said "with neighbour" but not WHICH neighbour. Kim said she'd sometimes seen deliveries go across the road, so the student may need to try several houses on this road...

Today our doorbell went off, parcel for next-door. When lovely student came to collect it, she said it was the one from the weekend. So I suspect she'd phoned up Shite Courier TM and asked pointed questions (after having had to bother all the street to try and find it).

Kim said the deliverybod looked a bit stupid even by the standards of such.

A hideous job for the frontline workers, all gig economy and low pay that makes earning min wage very difficult indeed. So no incentive not to be utterly awful and crap.

I really think we need to make it unlawful for delivery folk to be exploited and insist their employers pay the costs AND a living wage on top and that they are set reasonable and achievable time metrics so they're not forced to race through and rush and so on...

Sadly people resent paying for delivery...

A friend who runs an ETSY stall got whined at for her £1 delivery charge even when she explained the postage and packaging actually costs her £1.35 and she's making a loss on that.

Consumers are shit.

« Reply #785 on: 27 June, 2022, 10:03:47 pm »
And DHL again. Was just talking to my youngest, who asked if a present he'd sent me had arrived.
Turned out the company he bought from used DHL. Parcel collected on 17th, arrived at my local depot on the 18th. Where it has resided with the helpful "delayed" status in the tracking. I didn't know it was coming, so haven't been able to speak to DHL during their opening hours. They never, ever manage to deliver to me on time. It's not as if I'm in the middle of nowhere :-(

Edit: apparently it was scanned into the damage on the 21st, but not been scanned since and nobody has updated the report to say what the damage is. The guy on the phone thinks it has been destroyed. But they have not notified either the sender or the recipient of this. Part of me wonders who ended up taking it home, after scanning it as "damaged".

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #786 on: 04 July, 2022, 02:22:44 pm »
I had thought UPS might be better than The Usual Suspects, but no.  They too employ lying liars who tell lies.

“Customer was not available when UPS attempted delivery”

Lie.  I've been in all day.  The doorbell has not rung once.

“You can change your delivery after a delivery attempt has been made. Please track again using the InfoNotice number, which can be found above the barcode on the notice you received”

Lie.  I have not received an “InfoNotice” because your lying liar lied about having tried to deliver the item in the first place.  Stop telling lies and give me my property >:(

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #787 on: 04 July, 2022, 04:56:11 pm »
And I've just had an e-mail:

Thank you for contacting UPS.

Customer Feedback is very important to us. Please take the time to take a brief 1 minute survey on your recent UPS support experience on 04/07/2022 so that we can continue to improve the service we provide our customers. 

Simply click on the link below to access the survey:

Yes, I consent to take the Survey

Please contact UPS directly at 03457 877 877 for any questions or issues. Any replies to this email go to an unmonitored email address.

Thank you in advance for your participation.

Clicking the link gives;

"This site can’t be reached"

Not even a 404.  Useless twats.

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #788 on: 05 July, 2022, 11:11:20 am »
And their crappy webshite keeps logging me out so I have to log back in again to get the full SP on my item.  About which there is no news anyway >:(

UPS: Useless Poxy Smegheads

Wombat

• Is it supposed to hurt this much?
« Reply #789 on: 05 July, 2022, 03:45:05 pm »
I have formed the opinion that UPS seem OK for the large sender, who has an account, and does regular business, but are utterly crap for anyone actually expecting to get a delivery.  Sending something by UPS when you aren't a regular account holding user is also painful in the extreme.  Why is it that these courier forms are all totally uncontactable?  You might get a webform that upon sending, says we hope to respond within 48 hours, but no mate, I want to speak to someone right this minute,, to find out what you've done with my effing parcel, you hamster felching fucknuggets.
Wombat

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #790 on: 05 July, 2022, 09:35:32 pm »
The recipient isn’t the customer of any courier, thus there is no motivation for them to even care what we think. The customer is the sender, and in the case of most vendors, they care about cost and promises of delivery. As cost is the primary driver of the service, it’s a race to the bottom, so it’s not going to get better any time soon.
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #791 on: 05 July, 2022, 11:20:27 pm »
ParcelFarce.

We are going to deliver today just after lunch, so if you aren’t in, you can tell us to:

1) take it away
2) put it in the bin
3) take it to the Post Office

So, I thought I wouldn’t be in and I said 3)

I was in. I was surprised to get a text to say that they had tried to deliver, and I wasn’t in, so they had left a postcard and it was going to be taken to my safe place.  Except there wasn’t a postcard, and it wasn’t clear what they thought my safe place was.

I went down to the Post Office, without the Postcard that I didn’t have. Luckily, they know me in there, so gave me the parcel…
It is simpler than it looks.

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #792 on: 06 July, 2022, 09:41:00 am »

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #793 on: 12 July, 2022, 08:29:48 am »
One week on and to my utter lack of surprise not only have the useless workshy twats at UPS utterly failed even to pretend to have tried to reschedule the delivery, their web shite is now saying:

Quote from: UWTs-Я-Us
The package remains at the UPS Access Point™ location and is reaching the maximum days allowed to be held.

Now, let us suppose the item is too bulky to transport on the Perfectly Good Gentleman’s Mountain Bicycle.  Will the useless workshy twats refund my £12.50 ULEZ charge?  Somehow I think not.  Or what if I am physically unable to trek down to their Access Point™ location at all?  I should set barakta on them :demon:

Follow-up strop-o-gram sent, in which I heroically refrained from referring to the useless workshy twats at UPS in general and their useless workshy twat of a driver in particular as useless workshy twats.

The item is going to be sent on to Canada, but I'll deliver it personally to Toronto rather than entrust it to the useless workshy twats of UPS.

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #794 on: 13 July, 2022, 09:45:36 am »
13/07/2022
8:51   Deliver to Original Address Confirmed
We will deliver the package to the original receiver's address as the receiver requested.

You'd better...

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #795 on: 18 July, 2022, 11:59:12 pm »
18/07/2022
12:41   On the Way
We received a request to change delivery. The request will be processed once the package returns to our facility.

Hello? A slof could have taken it to Barking quicker than you inept fuckbuckets!

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #796 on: 19 July, 2022, 10:38:37 am »
And, without further notification of the delivery date, it's arrived! And I'd have really been out if it had been fifteen minutes earlier >:(

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #797 on: 25 July, 2022, 05:09:54 pm »
Arrived home to find a parcel in the (full) recycling bin.  Good job the neighbours aren't in the habit of putting it out when we're away like they did when we lived in the People's Republic...

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #798 on: 16 August, 2022, 10:18:40 am »
The parcel that I thought I'd missed on Saturday and had re-delivered today was a completely different parcel to the one that didn't come on Friday.  On closer inspection, Royal Mail shows it was 'delivered to safe place' at 12:43 on Friday, dispatched from Weatherby DO (which is a bit of a trek from Silly Oak), with a picture of the parcel lying at the corner of someone's lovely neat wall and gate.

Either the Royal Fail have excelled themselves, or the sender mis-addressed the parcel.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #799 on: 16 August, 2022, 05:53:26 pm »
Curiouser and curiouser:  I reported the above to the Mega-Global Sounds Like A River Co, and then went out to get utterly soaked on an unrelated post-office/shopping mission.

When I returned, the parcel (which bore no resemblance to the one allegedly photographed in Weatherby) was plonked on the doorstep, getting rained on.  The doorbell hadn't been rung, and consequently barakta had sat obliviously on the other side of the door watching videos.

On further inspection, the shipping label was creased in a way that largely obscured the address.  Which would explain how it had failed to be delivered, but not the Yorkshire connection.