Author Topic: Today's SPAM  (Read 122359 times)

tonycollinet

• No Longer a western province of Númenor
Re: Today's SPAM
« Reply #200 on: 24 October, 2018, 08:37:48 pm »
I think such a video would only improve my social standing :D

I'm getting a number that look like this...

Final Warning

I'm writing you further to my letter, relateing to the overdue invoice as detailed above.

The amount of £12,481.73 is still outstanding on your account. If the full amount is not received within fourteen days the EY will have no alternative but to commence legal proceesings through the County Court.

I have enclosed a copy of the invoice for your reference, you can download / view using this link :

I'm really worried about legal proceesings - what should I do.
Yours worriedly

quixoticgeek

• Mostly Harmless
« Reply #201 on: 24 October, 2018, 08:56:18 pm »
I mentioned this on another thread but it probably belongs here.
This is the second one of these I've received.
xxxxxx is yo‌ur pa‌ss. L‌ets g‌et ri‌ght to poi‌nt. No‌t a si‌ngl‌e p‌erso‌n has pa‌i‌d me to‌ ch‌eck yo‌u. You do‌ not kno‌w m‌e a‌nd you'r‌e pro‌bably wo‌nd‌ering why you a‌r‌e g‌etti‌ng thi‌s ema‌i‌l?
<snip>

So I got my first one of these a couple of weeks back. It had an email address, and password combination I've used, but I couldn't remember when I last used that combo (I give every site a different email address). Turns out, it was live journal. And scarily, despite thinking I had deleted the account a decade or so ago, it was still there. Thanks to this password reminder I was able to login and delete my livejournal. I can see a lot of people falling for this one. I'm glad that I have some tape over my webcams so that there can be no footage of me watching videos of pretty bikes on gootube...

I've since had half a dozen or so similar emails with various wordings, but all include the same email address, and the same password. Dunno which would be more embarrassing, releasing a video of me watching youtube, or releasing my live journal posts from when I was at uni...

J
--
Beer, bikes, and backpacking
http://b.42q.eu/

tonycollinet

• No Longer a western province of Númenor
« Reply #202 on: 24 October, 2018, 09:05:31 pm »
Here is another

Good day adobe,

Your customer asked me to pickup some goods from your company.
Here find the attached invoice he sent me with the corresponding PO.
I am his forwarder,

What is the best time to visit your office tomorrow for collection?

Thank you,

Warehouse Department

In this case the attached invoice is called document_4762_pdf.iso - in other words a disk image that if opened will presumably run a payload.

« Reply #203 on: 24 October, 2018, 09:11:31 pm »
We had one of the you've been recorded viewing emails to our info one at work. Nothing remarkable but the term "hand party" made us all laugh

We also had a genuine email finished with "have a weekend"

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #204 on: 25 October, 2018, 08:22:58 pm »
Final Message for __FIRST_NAME__ __LAST_NAME__

Hello Jaded
This information is for our potential winders!

We are pleased to inform you that you are one of the participants in our final draw to win a Tesco voucher worth 1,000GBP!

Don't miss this chance and click below to confirm your details and claim your spot in the finl draw. If you don't use the opportunity, your spot will be passed on to a different receipient of this newsletter.
(This offer is valid for the next 7 days)

We are happy to offer you this opportunity and wish you good luck!

your Breaking Deals UK Team

I don't use winders, I use Mac!
It is simpler than it looks.

ian

« Reply #205 on: 26 October, 2018, 07:44:22 pm »
I keep saying that's now how webcams work. They should be paying you. Insist on their credit card details up front.

Salvatore

• Джон Спунър
    • Pics
« Reply #206 on: 31 October, 2018, 10:38:21 am »
Welcome Snezhana! *

and her friend Liza, who is already planning for 2021, or living in the past, or went too far putting her clock back.

* I once knew a Snezhana from the former Yugoslavia (so probably written Snježana). I don't think this is the same Snezhana.
et avec John, excellent lecteur de road-book, on s'en est sortis sans erreur

« Reply #207 on: 05 November, 2018, 11:38:07 am »
I got one in Korean.

That scammer is even dimmer than the one that sent the same message twice in a week.

I forward them to the police; there's an outside chance that enough information will build up to make the bastards identifiable.

quixoticgeek

• Mostly Harmless
« Reply #208 on: 11 November, 2018, 12:58:10 pm »

So I got this one this morning:

Dear user of <one of my domains I don't really use>!                                                   

I am a spyware software developer.                                             
Your account has been hacked by me in the summer of 2018.                       

I understand that it is hard to believe, but here is my evidence (I sent you   
this email from your account).                                                 

The hacking was carried out using a hardware vulnerability through which you   
went online (Cisco router, vulnerability CVE-2018-0296).                       

I went around the security system in the router, installed an exploit there.   
When you went online, my exploit downloaded my malicious code (rootkit) to your
device.                                                                         
This is driver software, I constantly updated it, so your antivirus is silent   
all time.                                                                       

Since then I have been following you (I can connect to your device via the VNC 
protocol).                                                                     
That is, I can see absolutely everything that you do, view and download your   
files and any data to yourself.
I also have access to the camera on your device, and I periodically take photos
and videos with you.                                                           

At the moment, I have harvested a solid dirt... on you...                       
I saved all your email and chats from your messangers. I also saved the entire 
history of the sites you visit.                                                 

I note that it is useless to change the passwords. My malware update passwords 
from your accounts every times.                                                 

I know what you like hard funs (adult sites).                                   
Oh, yes .. I'm know your secret life, which you are hiding from everyone.       
Oh my God, what are your like... I saw THIS ... Oh, you dirty naughty person ...
:)                                                                             

I took photos and videos of your most passionate funs with adult content, and   
synchronized them in real time with the image of your camera.                   
Believe it turned out very high quality!                                       

So, to the business!                                                           
I'm sure you don't want to show these files and visiting history to all your
contacts.                                                                       

Transfer $805 to my Bitcoin cryptocurrency wallet:                             
<redacted>
Just copy and paste the wallet number when transferring.                       
If you do not know how to do this - ask Google.                                 

My system automatically recognizes the translation.                             
As soon as the specified amount is received, all your data will be destroyed   
from my server, and the rootkit will be automatically removed from your system.
Do not worry, I really will delete everything, since I am 'working' with many   
people who have fallen into your position.                                     
You will only have to inform your provider about the vulnerabilities in the     
router so that other hackers will not use it.                                   

Since opening this letter you have 48 hours.                                   
If funds not will be received, after the specified time has elapsed, the disk of
your device will be formatted,                                                 
and from my server will automatically send email and sms to all your contacts   
with compromising material.       

I advise you to remain prudent and not engage in nonsense (all files on my     
server).                                                                       

Good luck! 

So this is an interesting one. It's notable for a couple of things:

- It's in surprisingly good English
- It's got a good attempt at technical content, referencing an actual CVE for a genuine vulnerability.
- Other semi plausible technical content - VNC etc...

I did actually get up to check the cisco router, if they got in with this CVE on my cisco they are bloody impressive, as not only did they bridge and air gap, they have hacked a router that is both powered off, and not plugged into a network... Oh and it isn't listed as vulnerable to that CVE.

I've got tape over all the cameras, etc...

But again, I can see this catching a lot of people who don't want to take the risk...

J
--
Beer, bikes, and backpacking
http://b.42q.eu/

« Reply #209 on: 15 November, 2018, 08:47:48 pm »
I got the sames one that quixoticgeek quotes, with the exception that the arsehole wants $841.

Is thi inflation, or is it a sign that this scam isn't very profitable?

« Reply #210 on: 28 November, 2018, 01:15:21 pm »
Couple of phonecalls with a recorded american voice telling me my BT internet connection is about to be terminated. Press one to pass your bank details to an operative.

FOAD scammer
“There is no point in using the word 'impossible' to describe something that has clearly happened.”
― Douglas Adams

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #211 on: 10 February, 2019, 01:21:49 pm »
TV Licencing have been unable to collect on my Direct Debit, or so an e-mail from scammer@bollocks.live.com tells me.  And I'm sure there are sound technical reasons for the return address to be other_scammer@outlook.com.  Not.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

« Reply #212 on: 10 February, 2019, 06:17:44 pm »
I seem to get lots of spam from names of people whom I probably sent emails to when
I used a Yahoo account.

« Reply #213 on: 13 March, 2019, 01:48:10 pm »
Hello i mail to no if we can make a transat together on a matual business that we both can benefit in it?

Marks out of ten?

IanDG

• The p*** artist formerly known as 'Windy'
    • the_dandg_rouleur
« Reply #214 on: 15 March, 2019, 07:23:51 am »
From facebook - worth a share :D

Subject: Nigerian Astronaut Wants To Come Home
Dr. Bakare Tunde
Astronautics Project Manager
National Space Research and Development Agency (NASRDA)
Plot 555
Misau Street
PMB 437
Garki, Abuja, FCT NIGERIA

Dear Mr. Sir,

REQUEST FOR ASSISTANCE-STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL

I am Dr. Bakare Tunde, the cousin of Nigerian Astronaut, Air Force Major Abacha Tunde. He was the first African in space when he made a secret flight to the Salyut 6 space station in 1979. He was on a later Soviet spaceflight, Soyuz T-16Z to the secret Soviet military space station Salyut 8T in 1989. He was stranded there in 1990 when the Soviet Union was dissolved. His other Soviet crew members returned to earth on the Soyuz T-16Z, but his place was taken up by return cargo. There have been occasional Progrez supply flights to keep him going since that time. He is in good humor, but wants to come home.

In the 14-years since he has been on the station, he has accumulated flight pay and interest amounting to almost $ 15,000,000 American Dollars. This is held in a trust at the Lagos National Savings and Trust Association. If we can obtain access to this money, we can place a down payment with the Russian Space Authorities for a Soyuz return flight to bring him back to Earth. I am told this will cost $ 3,000,000 American Dollars. In order to access the his trust fund we need your assistance.

Consequently, my colleagues and I are willing to transfer the total amount to your account or subsequent disbursement, since we as civil servants are prohibited by the Code of Conduct Bureau (Civil Service Laws) from opening and/ or operating foreign accounts in our names.

Needless to say, the trust reposed on you at this juncture is enormous. In return, we have agreed to offer you 20 percent of the transferred sum, while 10 percent shall be set aside for incidental expenses (internal and external) between the parties in the course of the transaction. You will be mandated to remit the balance 70 percent to other accounts in due course.

Kindly expedite action as we are behind schedule to enable us include downpayment in this financial quarter.

Please acknowledge the receipt of this message via my direct number 234 (0) 9-234-XXXX only.

Yours Sincerely, Dr. Bakare Tunde
Astronautics Project Manager
XXXX@nasrda.gov.ng

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #215 on: 16 March, 2019, 10:31:06 am »
Time for the regular dose of "Sponsored Posts" (ie shitverts) on Farcebok.  "I'm really looking forward to working at this event next week" gushed one half-wit.  The event in January.  January 2018.

Apparently spamming people about an event that came and went over a year ago doesn't fall foul of Sorryberg's Ad Policies :facepalm:
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

« Reply #216 on: 17 March, 2019, 04:10:33 pm »
Today's spam wanted $1000 in bitcoin, and gave the bitcoin wallet address.  The text warned that the wallet address is case-sensitive so advised copying and pasting.

The message was sent as a picture of words only.  :facepalm:
Quote from: Kim
Paging Diver300.  Diver300 to the GSM Trimphone, please...

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #217 on: 23 March, 2019, 06:37:11 am »
Weirdly I seem to be getting a spate of spam claiming I have joined a lesbian community.

I am this, confused.
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

« Reply #218 on: 25 March, 2019, 07:17:01 pm »
I got one in Chinese today. I could tell because the originator's email address (possibly fake...) was transliterated into Roman characters.

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #219 on: 31 March, 2019, 12:36:51 am »
I cannot work out if this is spam or stupidity.

Hi <Surname>, (it was the right surname)

I hope things are good. I was wondering if you would like to speak at The Government Administration and Procurement Summit which is being held on May 1st 2019 in the Marshall Arena, Milton Keynes .

As it is a broad event, we are open to any topic. If you or your colleagues from would simply like to attend you can register for complimentary passes on the site and a badge will be waiting for you on day.

The event will bring together senior management from the UK’s national and local governments, state bodies and semi state bodies, and private enterprises, in order to facilitate networking and the sharing of best practice and innovations in areas such as, procurement, sustainability, infrastructure, smart cities, utilities, lean, technology, IT, skills and training, finance, smart government and more
The event is actually Co-Located with a number of other events with over 2000 people attending.

The Smart & Green Building Expo
UK Construction Expo
The Facility Management & Maintenance Show
Health and Safety Live
The National Engineering Expo

Do you think this could appeal and if so which event do you think might be of interest?

If so, we can discuss in more detail. If you would like to suggest a colleague to speak instead, I would be happy for any recommendations.

John Bent
Event Manager
Government Administration & Procurement Summit
http://governmentevent.co.uk

I’d love to speak at it, but...
It is simpler than it looks.

« Reply #220 on: 31 March, 2019, 08:02:58 am »
I get a couple of invitations per week to things like this.

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #221 on: 09 April, 2019, 11:05:40 am »
LinkedIn spam really gets my goat.  This (barring the anonymising) is the extent of a conversation I wish I hadn't entered into.

===========

Hello XXXX,
We have openings for Platform Architect (Cloud) with one of our premier banking client in London.If this happens to be of your interest,then let's connect and discuss in detail.
Regards.

TODAY
Slave Traader sent the following message at 10:19 AM

Hi,
Please let me know if you are interested.
Regards

XXXX sent the following message at 10:52 AM

No, thanks

Slave Trader sent the following message at 10:54 AM

If I may know your preference.
Thanks.

XXXX sent the following message at 10:58 AM

My preference is for recruitment agents to actually look at my profile, ask intelligent questions and then find me the ideal role. However it appears that is an impossible dream, so I will settle for recruitment agents that are polite and take the time to know what I am after.

Have a great day and I wish you well in your search for a suitable candidate for this role.

Phil

I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

Salvatore

• Джон Спунър
    • Pics
« Reply #222 on: 16 April, 2019, 08:14:50 pm »
Not strictly speaking spam, but it sort of fits here.

On Sunday I  received an email with this text
Hope you're
celebrating!
Happy birthday, John!
We hope you have a great day!
Sincerely,
Kincaid and Purvis Family Dentistry

Very nice of them, I'm sure, but it's 23 weeks until my birthday.

A quick google placed the sender in New Bern, North Carolina. A further bit of googling of my name and New Bern turned up this thoroughly nasty piece of shit who not that long ago was released after 20 years in the slammer, and whose birthday was on Sunday.

et avec John, excellent lecteur de road-book, on s'en est sortis sans erreur

« Reply #223 on: 01 May, 2019, 04:42:18 pm »
Gosh! I'm delighted to have been accepted  to represent your professional community in the The 2019 Worldwide Association of Female Professionals AND It won't cost me a thing.
Do they know something about 'down there' I don't?  :facepalm:
I've had several of these all with different reply addresses:

You were recently chosen as a potential candidate to represent your professional community in the The 2019 Worldwide Association of Female Professionals
We are please to inform you that your candidacy was formally approved Congratulations!
The Publishing Committee selected you as a potential candidate based not only upon your current standing,
but focusing as well on criteria from facebook along with other executive professional directories, associations, and trade journals.
http://www.verticalcharge.com/approved

Given your background our Director believes your profile makes a fitting addition to our online and hardcover publications.
There is no fee nor obligation to be listed. As we are working off of secondary sources, we must receive verification from you that your profile is accurate.
http://www.---------.com/approved
Once finalized, your listing will share prominent registry space with thousands of fellow accomplished individuals across the globe, each representing accomplishment within their own geographical area.
To verify your profile and accept the candidacy, please visit here http://www.---------.com/approved Our registration deadline for this year's candidates is coming up fast.
To ensure you are included, we must receive your verification on as soon as possible.
On behalf of our Committee I salute your achievement and welcome you to our association.
http://www.--------.com/approved
Too many angry people - breathe & relax.

« Reply #224 on: 26 May, 2019, 09:09:49 am »
This is mildly bizarre, it was sent in to our company's support mail address.

Dear Sir/Madam, support We are a professional supplier of drawstring sports bags. This is a drawstring sports bag we do, it's a wonderful item for your reselling, packaging, giveaways, company events. Item: drawstring sports bag Material: 420D polyester Size: 32 x 45 cm MOQ: 1,000 pcs. We can also produce many other types of bags according to your requirements. Should you have any inquiry, please let us know. Steven Please send unsubscribe if you're not interested, thanks! It's impossible for us! "I know. I'll protect my identity." As I spoke, I turned and looked at the door and said, "Runzhi is afraid to wait. Let's go down quickly." In an instant, a large number of black demagogues, like opening the gate, gurgling out! "I really want to help you." I'm being honest. At first glance, the doctor naturally looked at Gu Huairen, the boss, and rushed to him and said, "the patient is all right, very." It's weird. After we had our craniotomy, we found that the focus had been strangely hemostatic? " 2019/5/26 5:19:32
Rust never sleeps