Author Topic: I went to the cycling!  (Read 1150 times)

Tigerrr

• That England that was wont to conquer others Hath made a shameful conquest of itself.
  • Not really a Tiger.
    • Humanist Celebrant.
I went to the cycling!
« on: 09 August, 2012, 12:09:31 pm »
I got a corporate ticket to the cycling on Monday @ velodrome.
It was simply awesome. I have never been at an event like it. The sheer intensity of atmosphere and surge of support for the team GB riders was in fact inspiring.
I shouted so much I still have a sore throat.  It was so lood when Keany won that it was like a jet engine, visceral noise.
That and the fact that this must be the best organised facility I have ever seen. The volouteers are some of tyeh best attituded people - hard to believe they are brits.
Its still got a whiff of disneyland about it, and I still think it will look like a wasteland in 2 years but right now I have to begrudgingly admit its pretty damn spectacular and I wish I could get more tickets.
Humanists UK Funeral and Wedding Celebrant. Trying for godless goodness.
http://humanist.org.uk/michaellaird

gordon taylor

Re: I went to the cycling!
« Reply #1 on: 09 August, 2012, 01:44:09 pm »
 :thumbsup:

« Reply #2 on: 09 August, 2012, 04:03:28 pm »
Jammy sod!

Tigerrr

• That England that was wont to conquer others Hath made a shameful conquest of itself.
  • Not really a Tiger.
    • Humanist Celebrant.
« Reply #3 on: 09 August, 2012, 05:08:19 pm »
I should add that there was a champagne reception, lunch, limo and return for a refreshing drink to wind up in the evening.  All in all a most excellent and unforgettable day out. 
The brit won every race where there was a brit riding.  Every time a brit moved or sat on a bike the place went wild. It must have been completely deflating to be a non brit or an Aussie in that velodome.
Humanists UK Funeral and Wedding Celebrant. Trying for godless goodness.
http://humanist.org.uk/michaellaird