Author Topic: Revolution 24  (Read 1742 times)

Revolution 24
« on: 28 December, 2008, 11:26:02 am »
I've never been to the Manc velodrome and I see that Revolution 24 is on Sat 21st of Feb (which is also my erm... 21st birthday  ;) )

Thinking about getting the train up from The South in the morning. What with early booking should be fairly cheap.

Having not been to Manchester for years and only ever been there when extremely drunk as a student, I have a few Qs.

Where is the 'drome? How far from Piccadilly is it? Are there plenty of cheap, trashy hotels nearby? A Travelsludge or some such?

How much are tickets? Can I get pissed whilst ogling girls in lycra?

Oh - if anyone else fancies coming or is already going - give us a shout!

Ta
Those wonderful norks are never far from my thoughts, oh yeah!

dehomag

Re: Revolution 24
« Reply #1 on: 29 December, 2008, 10:52:56 am »
There is a Travelodge very very close to the velodrome. The Travelodge website will help you locate it. Google maps will almost certainly answer your questions about the location of the velodrome. There will probably be a website to tell you about public transport from Piccadilly to the velodrome. The Revolution website will probably tell you about ticket prices. STFW.

robgul

• Cycle:End-to-End webmaster
  • cyclist, Cytech accredited mechanic & woodworker
    • Cycle:End-to-End
« Reply #2 on: 29 December, 2008, 12:49:14 pm »
I already have tickets for 21 Feb ... and will be riding the boards there the week before with a group of pals  ;D

Qs:

It'll take about 30-40 mins to walk from Manchester Piccadilly station to the Velodrome - not the most salubrious of areas to walk through but OK at the time you will be going.

There is a Travelodge that calls itself Sport City but it's beyond walking distance at the time you will be leaving the Velodrome.  I would assume cabs would be lurking at the close of play.

There are a couple of bars serving beer ... but be warned the rest of the catering is crap burgers and junk.  Surprising given the fact that it's an "athletic" venue.  Most people seem to buy food from the neighbouring ASDA and take it in as a picnic.

Tickets are £12.00 - there is no reserved seating (the tickets have block/row/seat numbers but these are just because the system produces them like that) - sit/stand where you like.

Rob

« Reply #3 on: 29 December, 2008, 12:51:06 pm »
Cheers for that - I've now located the Travelsludge. Looking at goolie maps I reckon it's walkable, if not I'll just get a cab.

The rev website only gives a phone number for tickets as far as I can (be bothered) to see. I don't really care how much tickets are - as long they're not something ridiculous....

Edit: Thanks rob, posted whilst I was writing mine! Cheers  :thumbsup:
Those wonderful norks are never far from my thoughts, oh yeah!

robgul

• Cycle:End-to-End webmaster
  • cyclist, Cytech accredited mechanic & woodworker
    • Cycle:End-to-End
« Reply #4 on: 29 December, 2008, 05:51:42 pm »
Cheers for that - I've now located the Travelsludge. Looking at goolie maps I reckon it's walkable, if not I'll just get a cab.

The rev website only gives a phone number for tickets as far as I can (be bothered) to see. I don't really care how much tickets are - as long they're not something ridiculous....

Edit: Thanks rob, posted whilst I was writing mine! Cheers  :thumbsup:

Tickets are available to buy online from the Revolution website (I hear they are nearly sold out - the Jan meeting is already a sell-ou)

Rob

JT

• Howay the lads!
    • CTC Peterborough
« Reply #5 on: 29 December, 2008, 09:04:44 pm »
Don't forget that aside from sitting where you like, at Revolution you can also go down to the track centre and hob nob with the stars.

a great mind thinks alike

« Reply #6 on: 04 February, 2009, 10:01:28 pm »
Don't rely on taxis afterwards.  We went last year and got taxi to the velodrome and got a card from him to call for after.  WHen we called they said they don't go out to the velodrome.  Called 4 other firms but all were dealing with city centre calls and said it would be 40mins minimum.  It was p*x£ing down.  Finally flagged a black cab on the main road after a bit of a wait.