Author Topic: The day after racing..  (Read 8177 times)

David Martin

• Thats Dr Oi You thankyouverymuch
Re: The day after racing..
« Reply #25 on: 08 May, 2008, 01:08:36 pm »
The 'eat directly after racing' seems to work well. Today I don't feel washed out, just rather stiff.

Did have a few stomach aches whilst driving home though..

..d

If stomach aches persist, (they may lessen in time) I suppose you could try one of those 'recovery drinks'.
You may prefer drinking cheap rice pudding straight from the can, which would have a much smaller impact on the Martin family budget.

My abdominals take quite a strain whenTTing - trying to keep the spare tyre out of the way of my legs and getting a not so completely unaero position. I think it was just muscle ache and went away fairly shortly.

Unlike the ache in my legs. I'll definitely invest in some cheap rice pudding.. love the stuff.

..d
"By creating we think. By living we learn" - Patrick Geddes

« Reply #26 on: 08 May, 2008, 01:12:47 pm »
Chocolate milk or milkshake is highly recommended as a highly effective recovery product.  More functional than many 'sport' preparations.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #27 on: 08 May, 2008, 05:25:38 pm »
The 'eat directly after racing' seems to work well. Today I don't feel washed out, just rather stiff.

Did have a few stomach aches whilst driving home though..

..d

If stomach aches persist, (they may lessen in time) I suppose you could try one of those 'recovery drinks'.
You may prefer drinking cheap rice pudding straight from the can, which would have a much smaller impact on the Martin family budget.

My abdominals take quite a strain whenTTing - trying to keep the spare tyre out of the way of my legs and getting a not so completely unaero position. I think it was just muscle ache and went away fairly shortly.

Unlike the ache in my legs. I'll definitely invest in some cheap rice pudding.. love the stuff.

..d

Sainsbury's Basics rice pud is 19p for a 425g can.
A £10 investment may obstruct your bike shed...

« Reply #28 on: 08 May, 2008, 05:30:47 pm »
Sleep David!

If fit and well rested, I will not get wrecked after a 10 either (27' on a 72'' fixed this winter) having ridden to and back (+25 Mi).

Tonight I am tired and there's no way I would race well nor feel greta tomorrow early morning.

PS I don't use recovery drinks either; just juice and plenty of pasta!  :P
Frenchie - Train à Grande Vitesse