Heraldic Red
2 (3.2%)
Heraldic Blue
6 (9.7%)
I'll go with the majority
1 (1.6%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Voting closed: 11 March, 2011, 02:25:29 pm

Author Topic: Audax England Jerseys Poll CLOSED  (Read 5544 times)

AndyH

Audax England Jerseys Poll CLOSED
« on: 25 February, 2011, 02:25:29 pm »
Messrs Fidgetbuzz and Redlight asked me to set up this poll. It will run for 14 days after which the results will be published, and with sufficient interest the ordering process can begin. The poll options have been set to allow votes to be changed, 1 vote per user and results are visible to all.

Once a design has been chosen options (LS / SS / PBP etc.) can be added, in pretty much the same way as Tewdric ran his very successful Cymru jersey campaign. So here are the shortlisted designs

Simonb

Re: Audax England Jerseys Poll
« Reply #1 on: 27 February, 2011, 02:40:18 pm »
Have removed my vote from the poll until such time as Billy's design is included. It's such a good concept it should be given a chance.

vorsprung

• Opposites Attract
    • Audaxing
« Reply #2 on: 01 March, 2011, 10:09:43 am »
I wouldn't buy any of them but Billys design is much better than the four above imho

If the price is right I might get a replica team GB track jersey like this

steveindenmark

« Reply #3 on: 02 March, 2011, 09:39:40 pm »
Would it to be possible to order a Jersey which is not the winner of the poll.

For example if 15 vote for Hereldic red but Hereldic blue wins. Could those who voted for Hereldic red, get together and buy that one, if that is what we prefer?

Steve

« Reply #4 on: 02 March, 2011, 09:41:07 pm »
I wouldn't buy any of them but Billys design is much better than the four above imho

If the price is right I might get a replica team GB track jersey like this

This with white where the blue is would be my preference.

AndyH

« Reply #5 on: 03 March, 2011, 09:19:53 am »
Would it to be possible to order a Jersey which is not the winner of the poll.

For example if 15 vote for Hereldic red but Hereldic blue wins. Could those who voted for Hereldic red, get together and buy that one, if that is what we prefer?

Steve
In theory yes. In practice this would be down to whoever takes on the ordering and your willingness to pay the surcharge (20 euros IIRC) to Owayo for a one off. HTH Andy

Regarding Billy's design - there have been a couple of comments and Simonb's removed vote, but not a deluge of requests. Therefore at the moment I'm not planning to add it to the poll. Please PM me if I've got this wrong.

Redlight

• Enjoying life in the slow lane
Re: Audax England Jerseys Poll UPDATED
« Reply #6 on: 03 March, 2011, 09:42:21 am »
I'll be happy to do small run orders if required  but do bear in mind that the unit cost will be much higher.  At the moment it's looking as though there isn't much demand for the heraldic ones but the two others are not too far apart so I'll look at offering both, subject to a minimum number of orders (I think it needs about 30 to start bringing the cost down but will confirm with Owayo).
Why should anybody steal a watch when they can steal a bicycle?

Pete Mas

• Don't Worry 'bout a thing...
« Reply #7 on: 03 March, 2011, 10:56:46 am »
Sorry if I'm a late commenter on this thread but i just wanted to add that I am not fond of jerseys with large areas of plain white, as they can get too grubby on a long audax ride, otherwise the designs are OK.

Maybe there should be another tread for ideas for light-hearted or amusing jersey designs (like Billy's one?)
''It is better to travel hopefully than to arrive."

R.L.Stevenson

Ray 6701

• SO @ T
    • Tamworth cycling club
« Reply #9 on: 08 March, 2011, 03:51:16 pm »
SR 2010/11/12/13/14/15
RRTY. PBP. LeJoG 1400. LEL.

Panoramix

• .--. .- -. --- .-. .- -- .. -..-
  • Suus cuique crepitus bene olet
    • Some routes
Re: Audax England Jerseys Poll ENDS FRIDAY
« Reply #10 on: 08 March, 2011, 03:54:39 pm »
Does it work like at Westminster where Welsh and Scots can vote on purely English matters?

[Run and hide/]
Chief cat entertainer.

AndyH

« Reply #11 on: 08 March, 2011, 04:24:13 pm »
I think so, although there's no hint on qualification criteria yet, but it's probably safe to say that our Scottish & Welsh cousins won't want to wear one ! Not sure about you lot thought  ;D (hides somewhere else)

AndyH

« Reply #12 on: 08 March, 2011, 04:28:00 pm »
I rather like Phil's design
http://yacf.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=19045.msg341152#msg341152

Was that ever made into a t/shirt  ???

There's a couple that if they were made into Tee shirts I would definitely buy. The Audaxspotting one above is brilliant and so is Toby's Paris Hilton, which should be read horizontally IMO. I also liked the keep calm & carry on inspired ones.

Redlight

« Reply #13 on: 08 March, 2011, 10:24:21 pm »

There's a couple that if they were made into Tee shirts I would definitely buy. The Audaxspotting one above is brilliant and so is Toby's Paris Hilton, which should be read horizontally IMO. I also liked the keep calm & carry on inspired ones.

The Audaxspotting one was made into a cycling jersey. I have one, but I don't wear it that much as I have had a couple of comments on the somewhat anglo-saxon language

The Mechanic

« Reply #14 on: 10 March, 2011, 04:25:32 pm »
Are you aware that the heraldic jerseys include the claim to the throne of France on the back.  I think this would not go down too well at PBP

Panoramix

• .--. .- -. --- .-. .- -- .. -..-
  • Suus cuique crepitus bene olet
    • Some routes
« Reply #15 on: 10 March, 2011, 04:43:01 pm »
Are you aware that the heraldic jerseys include the claim to the throne of France on the back.  I think this would not go down too well at PBP

I am sure that we have a spare guillotine lying around somewhere to greet people claiming the throne of France.
Chief cat entertainer.

« Reply #16 on: 11 March, 2011, 07:30:28 pm »
Can I suggest proofing a version of the winding road (which is nice basic design) with the text in uppercase Gil Sans?  I'd also try the sme text up the side panels rather than the 200, 300 etc?  St Geoprge flags on the sleeves would add the finishing touch.

« Reply #17 on: 11 March, 2011, 07:38:27 pm »

Audaxspotting would be ok'ish on PBP I reckon.....

The Audaxspotting one was made into a cycling jersey. I have one, but I don't wear it that much as I have had a couple of comments on the somewhat anglo-saxon language

Redlight

« Reply #18 on: 14 March, 2011, 12:44:53 pm »
Can I suggest proofing a version of the winding road (which is nice basic design) with the text in uppercase Gil Sans?  I'd also try the sme text up the side panels rather than the 200, 300 etc?  St Geoprge flags on the sleeves would add the finishing touch.

All good ideas Tewdric, and thank you.  I'm going to tidy up the design this week and get a proof done, then start taking orders.  It seems that Owaya are pretty helpful and efficient so apart from having to take a trailer to the  local post office it shouldn't be too painful a process.

« Reply #19 on: 15 March, 2011, 07:04:17 pm »
it shouldn't be too painful a process.

One mistake I made was failing to request paypallers to include their forum name, real name and address with the paypal payment.  It took me nearly 5 hours to work out who was who and get the envelopes addressed!