Author Topic: Cocaine Bear  (Read 3565 times)

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
Cocaine Bear
« on: 01 December, 2022, 07:08:36 am »
https://twitter.com/cocainebear/status/1598013839202693120?s=20&t=XgLu1E7kdryhYb3VyN0hlw

This is possibly the worst idea for a film since Snakes On A Plane.  Like Snakes On A Plane, it will make a mint.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
Re: Cocaine Bear
« Reply #1 on: 01 December, 2022, 07:54:48 am »
Duly added to watchlist. Can't be worse that Cujo.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

Pingu

• Put away those fiery biscuits!
  • Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo
« Reply #2 on: 01 December, 2022, 11:33:38 am »
Is it ian's biopic?

« Reply #3 on: 01 December, 2022, 11:54:53 am »
Is it ian's biopic?

Not really, no. I'd read about this a couple of days ago, and it's (rather loosely) based on the coda to a true story involving an ex-narcotics-cop turned lawyer named Andrew Thornton II who'd got into arms and drugs smuggling.

(click to show/hide)
"He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." ~ Freidrich Neitzsche

rogerzilla

« Reply #4 on: 01 December, 2022, 11:57:03 am »
Let's be honest, a film about a bear absolutely ripped to the tits on Tory sherbert can't be all that bad.

« Reply #5 on: 01 December, 2022, 12:15:04 pm »
From reading a Washington Post archive report on Thornton's funeral, they could have made biopic or a miniseries about his life. He was a bit of a "character".

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/lifestyle/1985/10/20/drew-thorntons-last-adventure/982df601-7c8c-4955-a09c-b6d1f3b0a426/

His demise reminds me about the D.B. Cooper story - the guy who parachuted out the rear door of a hijacked 727 with $200,000 ransom money, never to be seen again...

https://www.fbi.gov/history/famous-cases/db-cooper-hijacking
"He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." ~ Freidrich Neitzsche

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #6 on: 01 December, 2022, 12:22:43 pm »
You mean that DB Cooper was reincarnated as his spirit animal, a black bear, and so when he found the cocaine, the great loop was looped. Better than honey if you like shit in the woods.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

« Reply #7 on: 01 December, 2022, 12:26:40 pm »
Well, that's an interpretation...

« Reply #8 on: 01 December, 2022, 12:45:27 pm »
Let's be honest, a film about a bear absolutely ripped to the tits on Tory sherbert can't be all that bad.

More horror movie potential than the other real-life story I've just remembered, which was brown bears at the Kronotsky Nature Reserve in Siberia getting high on petrol and kerosene fumes from discarded fuel drums.

https://www.aviationbusinessme.com/airlines/business/content-326838
https://i.redd.it/mrwu6b6odh021.png

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
« Reply #9 on: 01 December, 2022, 01:56:49 pm »
There was a recent story about a bear getting high on this particular type of hallucinogenic honey, sat in the back of pickup completely off its face
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

« Reply #10 on: 01 December, 2022, 02:16:25 pm »
There was a recent story about a bear getting high on this particular type of hallucinogenic honey, sat in the back of pickup completely off its face

Really?  :D

<tappity tappity>

Whale oil beef...

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/aug/11/high-on-mad-honey-intoxicated-brown-bear-cub-rescued-in-turkey
https://news.sky.com/video/mad-honey-ingesting-bear-released-after-recovering-from-ingesting-natural-hallucinogen-12674390

This puts Winnie the Pooh's love of hunny in a whole new light...  ;D

« Reply #11 on: 01 December, 2022, 02:24:10 pm »
It's only a matter of time before someone reboots The Jungle Book, with Baloo on acid, tripping balls to some banging Goa trance... :demon:

rogerzilla

« Reply #12 on: 01 December, 2022, 02:25:37 pm »
From Twitter
We need cocaine bear to kickstart a franchise. Weed chimp, crack crocodile, meth hippo and for the grand finale a crossover with Jurassic Park: LSD rex.

« Reply #13 on: 01 December, 2022, 02:56:45 pm »
From Twitter
We need cocaine bear to kickstart a franchise. Weed chimp, crack crocodile, meth hippo and for the grand finale a crossover with Jurassic Park: LSD rex.

They must have hacked into the Russian MoD and happened upon the next batch of "uKrAiNiAn BiOlOgIcAl WaRfArE lAbS mAnAgEd bY hUnTeR bIdEn" propaganda material for Comical Igor to embarrass himself with.  ;)

« Reply #14 on: 01 December, 2022, 07:33:34 pm »

rogerzilla

« Reply #15 on: 02 December, 2022, 10:27:09 am »
Peru...it all makes sense now

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #16 on: 02 December, 2022, 10:53:59 am »
The Met is very interested in the contents of that suitcase.  No wonder the like of Heinrich Hamster and disgraced former International Development Secretary Piggi Patel want to deport him.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

rogerzilla

« Reply #17 on: 11 March, 2023, 07:01:45 pm »
Anyone seen it?  The reviews are surprisingly good.  Mark Kermode says it's better than Snakes On A Plane.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #18 on: 11 March, 2023, 08:00:11 pm »
What about “Ferrets On A Train”?

External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #19 on: 11 March, 2023, 08:21:02 pm »
That was the Golden Age of Zillywood.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

« Reply #20 on: 13 March, 2023, 08:00:12 am »
How about 'Cats on Crack'?

Oh, wait, that would just look like cats.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

Karla

• car(e) free
    • Lost Byway - around the world by bike
« Reply #21 on: 13 March, 2023, 09:21:26 am »

I think you want Winnie the Pooh: Blood and Honey

It's turning out to be quite the year for bear-based slasher films.

rogerzilla

« Reply #22 on: 13 March, 2023, 10:02:57 pm »
Has ian chucked it all in to become a tidy-haired film producer?  It seems so.

ian

« Reply #23 on: 18 March, 2023, 12:39:46 pm »
It's conceptual up-my-alley, so to speak, and know my way around those woods, but I can't take credit. Also, it doesn't feature Tigger, as he's apparently still under copyright.

I'm excited that Bambi: The Reckoning and Peter Pan's Neverland Nightmare might be in development.

« Reply #24 on: 18 March, 2023, 08:46:05 pm »
Some did a mash-up of Beatrix Potter and Sven Hassel for the LOLs a few years back.

The time has surely come for Peter Rabbit: Tank Killer to hit the big screen... :demon: