Author Topic: sleepy exhausted. Virus?  (Read 3157 times)

sleepy exhausted. Virus?
« on: 01 April, 2008, 11:08:03 am »
I was very tired all last week. then on the Fri I just couldn't face the ride to Leeds, so took the short route (7m) to the station instead. Coming home, I just had to ride from station to meet family in town - a 1/4 mile. It left my legs shaking like jelly.

Sat I flaked out all day. Sun similar. I'm still not back on the bike. Heart pounds if I walk quickly. Head slightly dizzy/spaced out.

Absolutely no other symptoms, apart from heartburn last week. What the heck is going on?
<i>Marmite slave</i>

andygates

• Peroxide Viking
Re: sleepy exhausted. Virus?
« Reply #1 on: 01 April, 2008, 11:51:40 am »
A big bag of fatigue, sounds like.  Sleep lots.  Sleep more.  Sleep until the cat thinks you're dead and starts pawing your face in distress. 
It takes blood and guts to be this cool but I'm still just a cliché.
OpenStreetMap UK & IRL Streetmap & Topo: ravenfamily.org/andyg/maps updates weekly.

Nick H.

« Reply #2 on: 01 April, 2008, 12:18:18 pm »
Why were you so tired last week?  Working long hours? Not sleeping properly? Stressed?

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #3 on: 01 April, 2008, 12:30:52 pm »
Why were you so tired last week?  Working long hours? Not sleeping properly? Stressed?

It almost matters not what the original reason for this state was. For now:
Rest well
Eat well, if possible

If you feel like this at the start of next week, see a doctor.
If you get any worse, see a doctor.

Otherwise rest, eat, wait.
Avoiding alcohol may help.

« Reply #4 on: 01 April, 2008, 12:59:15 pm »

Avoiding alcohol may help.

Are you insane?  ;)

Actually, apart from a very small libation (1/4 cask) before bed, we didn't drink at all on sun or mon.

I haven't had any changes to sleeping patterns, I'm just as sleep-deprived as normal.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

Re: Mojo has returned; exit sleepy exhausted. Virus?
« Reply #5 on: 10 April, 2008, 09:28:55 am »
I've given it a few days to see if it is true, but it definitely is. My mojo has returned.

I've had about 2 months of really struggling with my commute. My average speed, which used to hover around 27kph, had dropped to 23kph. This added 10-15 minutes to my commute.

Since my 'sleepy-exhaustion' 3 days last week, I feel like a new person. 27kph on the flat feels like dawdling, and I even kept up with clifton cycles chain gang for a bit, at 40kph (I had turn off just before I was going to open up and humiliate them  ;)
<i>Marmite slave</i>

Nick H.

« Reply #6 on: 10 April, 2008, 11:31:14 am »
Hooray! Good for you.  :)

« Reply #7 on: 18 April, 2008, 10:54:08 am »
and gone again  :(

I convinced my boss to let me work from home on Wed, 'twas a good idea as without the commute I got 1hr extra sleep and loads of work done.

Caught train thurs and fri.

I've got no strength or stamina. It's really worrying, catching the train every day simply isn't an option, I can't afford the train fairs.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

« Reply #8 on: 18 April, 2008, 11:00:04 am »
Don't worry. Maybe catch the train two or three days per week and ride the others for a while. Allow more time and don't worry about speed and time, just ride.  You'll feel better once the sun starts to shine and the days are warmer.