Author Topic: Cycling and camping now?  (Read 2740 times)

Cycling and camping now?
« on: 19 August, 2021, 07:01:22 am »
Anyone started back, or started, cycling and camping just yet?
Any problems besides inclement weather?
Never knowingly under caffeinated

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
Re: Cycling and camping now?
« Reply #1 on: 19 August, 2021, 08:03:50 am »
Have done a little bit of cycle-based camping – or is it camping-based cycling? – in June, July, August. No problems apart from lack of fitness.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

gibbo

• Riding for fun, cake and beer.
    • Boxford Bike Club
« Reply #2 on: 19 August, 2021, 11:48:12 am »
Will let you know Monday as myself and a friend are off camping for the weekend in Suffolk. It's a test ride to check kit and kit list before embarking on adventures further afield.

« Reply #3 on: 19 August, 2021, 04:55:42 pm »
Have done a little bit of cycle-based camping – or is it camping-based cycling? – in June, July, August. No problems apart from lack of fitness.
This year I am compensating for lack of fitness with electrickery.

« Reply #4 on: 19 August, 2021, 04:56:45 pm »
Will let you know Monday as myself and a friend are off camping for the weekend in Suffolk. It's a test ride to check kit and kit list before embarking on adventures further afield.
I'll be interested to hear how you get on.🙂

Diesel

• or Richard
« Reply #5 on: 19 August, 2021, 05:15:42 pm »
Did a week in July, all but one night under canvas. No major issues but some challenges with supply chains and staffing of hospitality places.
Some pubs didn't do food some days or stopped serving early (e.g. 5.45 pm) as they were short staffed.
Stayed 2 nights camping at a youth hostel. On the first night I asked what they were serving for dinner. They couldn't say as their normal supply chain wasn't working well but there would be something!

« Reply #6 on: 19 August, 2021, 09:48:52 pm »
Did a week in July, all but one night under canvas. No major issues but some challenges with supply chains and staffing of hospitality places.
Some pubs didn't do food some days or stopped serving early (e.g. 5.45 pm) as they were short staffed.
Stayed 2 nights camping at a youth hostel. On the first night I asked what they were serving for dinner. They couldn't say as their normal supply chain wasn't working well but there would be something!
Thanks Diesel. That is helpful.

gibbo

• Riding for fun, cake and beer.
    • Boxford Bike Club
« Reply #7 on: 22 August, 2021, 09:51:22 pm »
Everything was as normal as could be! The two foot ferries we needed were running ok and campsite plus pub were fully open and pretty busy.

« Reply #8 on: 23 August, 2021, 07:53:10 am »
Everything was as normal as could be! The two foot ferries we needed were running ok and campsite plus pub were fully open and pretty busy.
Excellent. I am glad that you enjoyed yourselves.

« Reply #9 on: 23 August, 2021, 07:54:05 am »
[/quote]
Excellent. I am glad that you enjoyed yourselves.
[/quote]