Author Topic: 'flu jab'  (Read 35629 times)

Re: 'flu jab'
« Reply #300 on: 22 December, 2020, 06:56:22 pm »
Hmm. We’re 63 (me) and 76 (my wife). Neither has had an invite.
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #301 on: 22 December, 2020, 07:17:25 pm »
Coo! Ours were three months ago, when it was warm enough to go to the surgery in a T-shirt and no cardigan to expedite processing.

I was invited (I'm 62) and D (56) had one for good measure.

Salvatore

• Джон Спунър
    • Pics
« Reply #302 on: 08 January, 2021, 02:27:55 pm »
I had a letter this morning (actually I had 2 - both from the NHS) saying I was eligible for a flu vaccination.
et avec John, excellent lecteur de road-book, on s'en est sortis sans erreur

« Reply #303 on: 08 January, 2021, 02:31:07 pm »
I had a letter yesterday from the NHS, although I had my flu vaccine months ago through work. I’m surprised work hasn’t let the NHS know, given that I work in the NHS.

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
« Reply #304 on: 08 January, 2021, 02:38:29 pm »
I had a letter yesterday from the NHS, although I had my flu vaccine months ago through work. I’m surprised work hasn’t let the NHS know, given that I work in the NHS.

I got a letter on Monday... having had the jab on Saturday.

If you had the jab through your employer, then they will only inform your GP with your consent.

However, that will change with the Covid vaccine.  As part of getting it, NHS staff will have to consent to the Government having access to their individual vaccination and GP medical records - a level of detail that has never had to be provided before and that no-one has been able to get a justification for (the ICO is being somewhat quiet on the matter).  Not only that, but the consent will be blanket to allow sharing of your medical records with various government departments and third parties. 

Unions and privacy campaigners are flagging significant concerns and reminding staff they have the legal right to refuse to share data.
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
« Reply #305 on: 08 January, 2021, 02:41:31 pm »
Had a letter today and a phone call earlier this week. Booked in for tomorrow (filling a cancellation).
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...

« Reply #306 on: 08 January, 2021, 02:44:13 pm »

If you had the jab through your employer, then they will only inform your GP with your consent.

However, that will change with the Covid vaccine.  As part of getting it, NHS staff will have to consent to the Government having access to their individual vaccination and GP medical records - a level of detail that has never had to be provided before and that no-one has been able to get a justification for (the ICO is being somewhat quiet on the matter).  Not only that, but the consent will be blanket to allow sharing of your medical records with various government departments and third parties. 

Unions and privacy campaigners are flagging significant concerns and reminding staff they have the legal right to refuse to share data.

Is that just NHS staff being asked to share that data?

Regulator

« Reply #307 on: 08 January, 2021, 02:45:53 pm »

Is that just NHS staff being asked to share that data?

At the moment, yes.  I wouldn't be surprised if care home staff and teachers are next.

Green Party Councillor

« Reply #308 on: 08 January, 2021, 02:46:30 pm »

My NHS invite actually came through my GP surgery.  I’ve heard that parts of the NHS don’t talk very well together , and that a lot of data exchange between areas is people re-typing it, csv / spreadsheets, or emailing stuff. Pretty rubbish in this day and age.

I have digital access to my NHS records , and I have one entry saying I didn’t turn up for my flu vaccine appointment, and a record a day later saying I’ve had the flu vaccine.  I’ve flagged that the attendance record is incorrect but gp surgery not corrected it, despite a month to do so.  I wonder how many other records are wrong, especially is patient doesn’t yet have access to check?

bairn again

« Reply #309 on: 08 January, 2021, 03:07:48 pm »
The online guide on https://www.nhsinform.scot/ has - for my circumstances (*) - said the following at various stages since last October. 

"more information will be provided in early November" then

"more information will be provided in November" then

"more information will be provided in early December" then

"more information will be provided in December"
and now it states

"more information will be provided in early January"

(*) Age 55, City of Edinburgh / NHS Lothian, nothing else that would bump up my priority. 

Ive only started getting the flu jab in the last few years having been badgered into it by my NHS employee wife and was more than happy to make an appointment at Boots around November and pay for it. 

This year its free for over 55s in Scotland - for the first time I believe.  So like many things in life, free isn't always better and my previous "High Street & pay" option appears to have vanished.       

It gives me the fear for the Covid vaccine roll out.     

barakta

• Bastard lovechild of Yomiko Readman and Johnny 5
« Reply #310 on: 08 January, 2021, 03:48:41 pm »

My NHS invite actually came through my GP surgery.  I’ve heard that parts of the NHS don’t talk very well together , and that a lot of data exchange between areas is people re-typing it, csv / spreadsheets, or emailing stuff. Pretty rubbish in this day and age.

I have digital access to my NHS records , and I have one entry saying I didn’t turn up for my flu vaccine appointment, and a record a day later saying I’ve had the flu vaccine.  I’ve flagged that the attendance record is incorrect but gp surgery not corrected it, despite a month to do so.  I wonder how many other records are wrong, especially is patient doesn’t yet have access to check?

I read medical letters all day for work; many of them are inaccurate and sloppy. Several of them changed the pronouns of the patient several times cos of sloppy deletion of template content. I have to filter my letters carefully for evidencing disability cos many of them contain annoying inaccuracies that are the sort of thing the DWP would hold against me later.

TimC

• Old blerk sometimes onabike.
« Reply #311 on: 08 January, 2021, 03:52:49 pm »
I have digital access to my NHS records

Blimey! Whose bread did you butter?

Regulator

« Reply #312 on: 08 January, 2021, 04:01:37 pm »

I have access to mine as well.  All English GP surgeries should be offering access to patients - it's a legal requirement - but you have to register and many surgeries don't publicise it.

Green Party Councillor

« Reply #313 on: 08 January, 2021, 04:18:36 pm »
I have access to mine, but it's far from complete, there's lots of things I'd expect to be on my medical records that I can't see. (Routine stuff.)

How much you can see varies by practice too, even if they use the same site. The GP surgery that my wife and daughter are registered at give a much smaller subset of the information (and it's the same patientaccess site) than mine does.

It's more like "Some of the medical records that your current GP practice has dealt with whilst they were using the recent systems".
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

TimC

« Reply #314 on: 08 January, 2021, 04:19:51 pm »

I have access to mine as well.  All English GP surgeries should be offering access to patients - it's a legal requirement - but you have to register and many surgeries don't publicise it.

Interesting. I've already alluded to the fact that mine went missing many years ago, and that seems to have meant that no-one's seen fit to add anything to them since the date of loss, so I have to  prompt my GP practice if I want anything I'm supposedly entitled to. But they also give the impression that I need an FoI request to Brenda herself if I want to know what they actually have on me. Perhaps that's to avoid admitting they have nothing!

Regulator

« Reply #315 on: 08 January, 2021, 04:27:20 pm »

Interesting. I've already alluded to the fact that mine went missing many years ago, and that seems to have meant that no-one's seen fit to add anything to them since the date of loss, so I have to  prompt my GP practice if I want anything I'm supposedly entitled to. But they also give the impression that I need an FoI request to Brenda herself if I want to know what they actually have on me. Perhaps that's to avoid admitting they have nothing!

Your current practice should have records post any lost records.  They are legally obliged to keep records (which may be minimal if you don't attend frequently) and to give you access to them.    More information here:  How to access your health records

Green Party Councillor

TimC

« Reply #316 on: 08 January, 2021, 04:31:43 pm »

Your current practice should have records post any lost records.  They are legally obliged to keep records (which may be minimal if you don't attend frequently) and to give you access to them.    More information here:  How to access your health records

Thanks Greg. Unfortunately, a number of moves, a mish-mash of private and NHS coverage, and undoubtedly a lack of assiduousness on my part, has meant that it's now well into Too Difficult. I'll concentrate on making sure they keep records from now on, as I have now retired and I'm unlikely to move again!

ian

« Reply #317 on: 08 January, 2021, 04:34:29 pm »
Interesting. When I moved back to the UK I gave the surgery my medical records from my times abroad and from the look on the receptionist's face I may as well have offered them an envelope with leaky urine sample and a chirpy the doctor thinks it might be gonorrhoea.

I have a feeling they may have found their way into the special round filing cabinet, I didn't know you could check.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #318 on: 08 January, 2021, 05:46:04 pm »

Your surgery also needs to send you a code. I think they only do this for frequent flyers.

I have only partial Patient Access functionality. I needed to jump through so many hoops for something I would hardly use, that I gave up.

barakta

• Bastard lovechild of Yomiko Readman and Johnny 5
« Reply #319 on: 08 January, 2021, 05:51:10 pm »
I think I have 3 different NHS GP records systems logins as they kept changing which one they used. Some are better than others.

I like being able to see what I had prescribed and when so I can see when I had ENT infections and bad vestibular dysfunction relapses. Also blood tests and historic weight data is good. I'm slightly heavier than I was 10 years ago but less than I thought.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #320 on: 08 January, 2021, 06:09:02 pm »
I have access to (some of) my records at Queen Square but it seems much has not been uploaded.
ICnBA to chase my full NHS stuffs for now.

« Reply #321 on: 08 January, 2021, 06:20:38 pm »
Not only that, but the consent will be blanket to allow sharing of your medical records with various government departments and third parties. 

Thanks for making me aware. Rather troubling.

« Reply #322 on: 11 January, 2021, 03:02:59 pm »
Yesterday, Sunday January 10th, I finally got an invite to go and have a flu jab.  I say invite, it is actually a letter from NHS England and NHS Improvement informing me that because I am aged between 50 and 64 that I am entitled to a free flu vaccination and how I can go about chasing up various avenues in order to get one.

I whinged about this before: mllePB was invited by our surgery to have her jab in November.  Now, I am no toy boy (in fact I am older by over a year) so I am mildly puzzled that our surgery continues to have overlooked me. 

Bloody slack if you ask me.

« Reply #323 on: 11 January, 2021, 03:08:00 pm »
In a similar vein once you are an old codger like me you are supposed to have a lifetime Pneumonia jab. Nothing at all from my surgery although have had the flu jab.
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain

bairn again

« Reply #324 on: 02 February, 2021, 01:56:16 pm »
The online guide on https://www.nhsinform.scot/ has - for my circumstances and home location - still says "more information will be provided in early January"  ???

I rather suspect that they have given up on this entirely given the Covid vaccine rollout is a greater priority & I understand that flu has been as good as non existent anyway - but if that's the case I do wish they would update the website.