Author Topic: Marmotte 2018  (Read 559 times)

thing1

• aka Joth
    • TandemThings
Marmotte 2018
« on: October 21, 2017, 07:30:29 pm »
Anyone looking to ride it next year?

Entries open on 6th November 2017  http://marmottegranfondoseries.com/

We haven't ridden in the Alps since 2011 so it'll be a nice excuse to get back there.

thing1

• aka Joth
    • TandemThings
Re: Marmotte 2018
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2017, 12:33:09 am »
So entry has opened, but it's bundle entries only until the 13th Nov. I can't figure out how tandem entry works these days and they still have the silly insistence on providing a medical certificate so loosing enthusiasm for jumping the hoops to get into it.

Marmotte 2018
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2017, 07:46:26 am »
Never seen a tandem on these kind of sportives myself and I’ve done a fair few. The medical form/certificate is weird as I’ve never shown it. Had one from doctors for £25.

thing1

• aka Joth
    • TandemThings
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2017, 06:41:57 am »
There were a couple tandems in 2011 when we last did it. Memorable day out...

Wascally Weasel

• Slayer of Dragons and killer of threads.
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2017, 02:49:47 pm »
So entry has opened, but it's bundle entries only until the 13th Nov. I can't figure out how tandem entry works these days and they still have the silly insistence on providing a medical certificate so loosing enthusiasm for jumping the hoops to get into it.

You can get round the medical certificate with a cheapo bronze racing license with British Cycling.

I don't think I can do it in 2018 but am very much considering the full week of events for either 2019 or 2020. Haven't completely ruled it out yet though.

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2017, 05:24:11 pm »
Never seen a tandem on these kind of sportives myself and I’ve done a fair few. The medical form/certificate is weird as I’ve never shown it. Had one from doctors for £25.
I saw a tandem couple competing in the Etape du tour in 2000.

thing1

• aka Joth
    • TandemThings
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2017, 10:09:55 pm »

You can get round the medical certificate with a cheapo bronze racing license with British Cycling.

Yeah I did that last time, but when I checked Da Rulz a few weeks ago it was very clear that racing license would only be accepted in lieu of a medical certificate if said license was issued on basis of passing a medical examination.

Now I went to reference it, the rules is just a "coming soon" placeholder, which is pretty typically french when people entering the events today are require to click through agree that they've read and agree they read them
http://inscription.sportcommunication.info/pdf/reglement2.pdf

I don't think I can do it in 2018 but am very much considering the full week of events for either 2019 or 2020. Haven't completely ruled it out yet though.

Sounds good! Maybe by then I'll have figured out how to do a tandem entry again :)

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2017, 02:43:49 pm »
The “ silly insistence “ is French law, and is needed for cycling and running “ endurance” events.

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2017, 03:37:27 pm »
PBP dropped its longstanding requirement for entrants to provide medical certificates a couple of editions ago, mostly because they had nobody available to interpret far-eastern doctor's certificates.
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2017, 03:57:56 pm »
PBP dropped its longstanding requirement for entrants to provide medical certificates a couple of editions ago, mostly because they had nobody available to interpret far-eastern doctor's certificates.

It’s also possible that the qualification criteria could be proof of fitness to realistically undertake the event perhaps?