Author Topic: Moonriders  (Read 1418 times)

Martin

Moonriders
« on: 13 July, 2013, 03:20:56 am »
coincidentally just as I was finishing an n'th night-time ride round my own perm who should roll past but the Moonriders.

Excellent! several hundred peeps as mad as me  :)

I googled it and looked at the price tag  :o I hope it all goes to the right place

REGISTERING FOR YOUR MOONRIDERS CHALLENGE!

To sign up to your chosen challenge - select how will you be signing up to the ride - either as a ‘Self-Funder' or 'Fundraising for Charity'. 

You will be asked during the registration process which ride you will be taking part in and you will have the option of selecting two or all three!

Charity Sponsorship - Commit to fundraise for your chosen charity

•Select the charity you are fundraising for
•Registration fee of £49 per rider.
•Fundraising commitment of £300 per rider.
•50% of this pledge is ideally paid to your charity 6 weeks prior to the challenge.
•The charity will pay for the cost of your place on the challenge
•The remaining 50% of fundraising is due to be paid to your charity ideally no later than 4 weeks after.
Self Funding - Pay the full cost of your place on the challenge

You have two 2 options, and each includes a £20 donation to one of our Charity Partners that you select when signing up.

•£139 - to be paid in FULL by card when signing up online.
•£49 – paid as a Registration Fee when you sign up online, and a further £99 paid 6 weeks prior to the Moonride.
Places are limited so click either button below to sign up to the challenge today!

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
Re: Moonriders
« Reply #1 on: 13 July, 2013, 07:47:34 am »
Has anyone ever considered how efficient these organisations might be, in admin terms?

I mean, it costs £50 to 'register' for the ride. That's to store your details, add you to a list - not providing any actual services.

(it's not just charity bike rides that use this odd language, to be fair.)
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

Re: Moonriders
« Reply #2 on: 13 July, 2013, 08:12:20 am »
I'm pretty sure that the comparison between the cost of the Moonriders offer viz-a-viz that of the FNRttC has been debated and discussed at length over on CC.

Following which as I recall, Moonriders stopped touting for business over there.