Author Topic: Prudential RideLondon-Surrey 100  (Read 2159 times)

Prudential RideLondon-Surrey 100
« on: 22 December, 2014, 03:53:06 pm »
Event date: Sunday 2 August 2015
Event location: London and Surrey
www.breastcancercare.org.uk/RideLondon100

Join Breast Cancer Care and be one of 20,000 cyclists to take on this fantastic 100 mile closed road event. Starting from the Queen Elizabeth II Olympic Park in Stratford you’ll cycle past iconic London landmarks and out to Surrey to take on some testing hill climbs, before heading back into central London to finish in glory along The Mall. The fantastic atmosphere and crowd support on this route makes it one not to miss!

The entry fee for our charity places is £50 with a £750 sponsorship target. Breast Cancer Care will support you all the way with a free team training day, cycling jersey, support pack and most importantly huge cheers on event day and a post race meeting point.

Breast Cancer Care supports the thousands of people who wake up to the harsh reality of breast cancer everyday. Our free support services include our helpline, forums, one to one support sessions and information booklets. Sponsorship raised will help us continue to support people living with, through and beyond breast cancer.

For more information please visit www.breastcancercare.org.uk/RideLondon100 or email sporting@breastcancercare.org.uk

David Martin

• Thats Dr Oi You thankyouverymuch
Re: Prudential RideLondon-Surrey 100
« Reply #1 on: 04 February, 2015, 10:10:47 pm »
Well, I got a place in the ballot - just waiting for their borked website to come back up so I can confirm.
"By creating we think. By living we learn" - Patrick Geddes

« Reply #2 on: 04 February, 2015, 10:59:14 pm »
It's my 3rd rejection in the ballot.
I can't say that I'm too bothered this time, I think I was resigned to not getting it.

« Reply #3 on: 05 February, 2015, 01:52:12 am »
Ballot place for me too. Now to decide if I actually want to pay them sixty quid.

« Reply #4 on: 05 February, 2015, 07:10:53 pm »
Rejected too.

I wonder how many places are given over to the charities.

Wascally Weasel

• Slayer of Dragons and killer of threads.
« Reply #5 on: 06 February, 2015, 09:31:10 am »
I got a place this year at third time of asking!  :smug:

First year I rode under someone else's entry who decided 100 miles was too far.  Last year I rode for the CTC so looking forward to finally riding as myself.  Going to try for a tandem entry.

menthel

• Jim is my real, actual name
« Reply #6 on: 06 February, 2015, 03:34:59 pm »
Rejected. Won't bother next year I think.

« Reply #7 on: 06 February, 2015, 04:06:43 pm »
My daughter and her boyfriend have just got their rejection packs.
Seems to me that a simple post card would have done the job rather than an expensive magazine. It puts me off charity rides when they seem to waste money .

« Reply #8 on: 06 February, 2015, 04:11:02 pm »
Seems to me that a simple post card would have done the job rather than an expensive magazine.

An email would have done me (and my partner). I'm not persuaded to read the magazine(s) or to do the ride for charity. I find the enormous waste and expense quite off-putting. I wonder how many rejection magazines have gone out?

marcusjb

• Full of bon courage.
« Reply #9 on: 06 February, 2015, 04:14:47 pm »
Rejected again (male, 40s)

Wife accepted again (female, 30s)

It's all fine - we might go in for the tandem ballot again, but I am not ever so keen doing it 3 weeks before PBP - it was a bit wacky-races with people throwing themselves at the tarmac and each other at every possible opportunity.  It was an amazing experience last time, but not without it's stresses!

I'd be quite keen on just being a supporter this time!  Go up to Cancellara Corner or something (as it's only 6 mins from my door!) and cheer everyone on.
Right! What's next?

Ooooh. That sounds like a daft idea.  I am in!

« Reply #10 on: 12 February, 2015, 02:34:47 pm »
I rode last year in aid of Breakthrough Breast Cancer - raised a little over £1500 in the end. Had an absolute ball despite the revolting weather and the shortened route.

The result? I cycled more than 2000km last year, and have set out this year to try to double that. I applied for a place in the ballot for ride london this year, and amazingly did actually get in, so I'm slowly cranking up the miles! Very excited!  ;D :thumbsup: