Author Topic: Photo assessment volunteers wanted  (Read 947 times)

red marley

Photo assessment volunteers wanted
« on: 06 February, 2013, 11:12:03 am »
I am supervising a PhD student who is interested in using public photo sharing archives like Flickr, Panoramio etc. for building  scenic pedestrian routing services ("Show me a pleasant 30 minute walk that starts from here"). In order to do this he has created an online assessment tool where people can rate the suitability of various randomly selected photographs, and is looking for as many people as possible to rate some photos.

The page can be found at www.photoassessment.org. It would be great if YACFers who have a few minutes could have a go at assessing some of the photos. Also, feel free to pass the link round to anyone else who might be interested.

Once we have enough (entirely anonymous) results in, I'd be happy to share them here.

Re: Photo assessment volunteers wanted
« Reply #1 on: 06 February, 2013, 09:38:26 pm »
sounds like a great idea for a project.  Have done some, will do more..

« Reply #2 on: 01 March, 2013, 07:13:52 pm »
Only just spotted this. I've done a few.
"Nice place for a walk" is a bit vague (I'm mixing little traffic, a place I'd walk to enjoy the journey and something I'd walk to because it looks nice), I take it that is deliberate?

red marley

« Reply #3 on: 01 March, 2013, 07:20:50 pm »
Yes. We are interested on what people judge as "nice" without suggesting what that should be.

Thanks for doing the survey.

« Reply #4 on: 01 March, 2013, 08:08:50 pm »
The survey that keeps on giving! I did a few lines (as it were) and they kept on coming.......

I like everything in London (and could identify a large proportion of the more obscure)