Author Topic: Creative cloud  (Read 944 times)

Wombat

• Is it supposed to hurt this much?
Creative cloud
« on: 29 January, 2015, 01:09:52 pm »
I currently use Lightroom 5.7, (which took me quite a while to realise quite how useful it is) and Photoshop elements (11 on the desktop, and the laptop came with 12 installed. 

So, I see the ads for Creative Cloud photography package, at £8.57 a month, or £102.30 a year (a massive saving of 34p!) and think thats not bad value compared the the usual cost of upgrading every other version.  I think its about £70 to upgrade PS elements, and I've no idea what Lightroom 6 might cost for upgrade.  However, this does pose 2 questions. 1. Does this subscription automatically keep you up to the latest version?, and 2. What could I do with Photoshop CC that I can't do with PS elements?  I'm unclear as to the differences between Photoshop CC and CS6, and its been a while since I've seen a features list comparing what you can do with the full thing, compared to Elements. 

I don't do commercial stuff, I'm just a keen amateur, but soon I will take a gentle foray into 5x4 monochrome photography.

Is it worth subscribing?
Wombat

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
Re: Creative cloud
« Reply #1 on: 29 January, 2015, 04:00:43 pm »
It automatically gets you the most up to date version.

If you stop paying you no longer have a copy of Photoshop. So you'll need something else that can open and edit those files.

(My InDesign CS6 will not open the latest InDesign CC files)
It is simpler than it looks.