Author Topic: Petition to close Richmond Park to traffic on Sundays  (Read 4173 times)

Re: Petition to close Richmond Park to traffic on Sundays
« Reply #25 on: 09 November, 2012, 10:13:58 am »
Simple, you block the road just past the robin hood gate car park, towards Roehampton gate, that would give access to 4 car parks from Kingston gate; allow access from Roehampton gate to golf club and car park; allow access at Sheen Gate to Ballet school only; Access at Richmond gate to the cafe car park; Allow access at Ham to disabled parking only. THERE IS DISABLED PARKING.

Contrary to the belief of most of the residents of SW London, it is actually possible to walk a few miles with children, even those under 3. It would actually favour pedestrians, birdwatchers and children over fast cyclists, which is a good thing.

What she said. And you can definitely get a blue badge without a driving licence. My friend has one (her husband drives) and Rob's sister has one (her boyfriend drives). RP would be much nicer without cars and I'm no racer.

Speshact

• Charlie
« Reply #26 on: 11 November, 2012, 11:56:15 pm »
On the good news front, cyclists will be allowed to use the Thames Cycle Path / NCN route 4 across Richmond Park http://kenningtonpob.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/wrong-royal-parks-no-entry-sign-to-be.html

Manotea

• Where there is doubt...
« Reply #27 on: 12 November, 2012, 01:01:41 am »
How about a petition to remove the killer cobbles on the inside of the ring road at richmond gate? They took them out for the Olympics then put them back again.

Tigerrr

• That England that was wont to conquer others Hath made a shameful conquest of itself.
  • Not really a Tiger.
    • Humanist Celebrant.
« Reply #28 on: 12 November, 2012, 12:47:14 pm »
How about a petition to remove the killer cobbles on the inside of the ring road at richmond gate? They took them out for the Olympics then put them back again.
Why are those cobbles there? Always struck me as a vexacious bit of anticycle surface.
Humanists UK Funeral and Wedding Celebrant. Trying for godless goodness.
http://humanist.org.uk/michaellaird

Petition to close Richmond Park to traffic on Sundays
« Reply #29 on: 12 November, 2012, 01:05:14 pm »
It's a bit of faux pavé for the Rapha wannabees..,.

Wascally Weasel

• Slayer of Dragons and killer of threads.
« Reply #30 on: 12 December, 2012, 01:58:50 am »

I think they are there to stop people (including cyclists) taking that corner at speed.

Speshact

• Charlie
« Reply #31 on: 12 December, 2012, 07:00:55 pm »
On the good news front, cyclists will be allowed to use the Thames Cycle Path / NCN route 4 across Richmond Park http://kenningtonpob.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/wrong-royal-parks-no-entry-sign-to-be.html
Any Richmond Park regulars here, able to check if the sign has been changed yet?

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #32 on: 12 December, 2012, 09:06:45 pm »
I think Wascally is the most frequent visitor.  You might want to PM him.

I'm out of the habit of visiting RP on the commute.  Is the cull finished?  I don't know.  I think I'm rambling. ;D
Getting there...

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
« Reply #33 on: 12 December, 2012, 09:36:16 pm »
I'll have a look tomorrow when I shuttle between Richmond and Kingston Gates.
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...

Wascally Weasel

« Reply #34 on: 13 December, 2012, 12:45:45 am »
I think Wascally is the most frequent visitor.  You might want to PM him.

I'm out of the habit of visiting RP on the commute.  Is the cull finished?  I don't know.  I think I'm rambling. ;D

Cull was over on Saturday, signs were still up until Monday though.  I'm currently working nights so am definitely going through when it would otherwise have been closed (about 9pm and 6pm) but it's been fine (although visibility was about nil Tuesday night due to thick fog).

I'll try and remember to check the sign on the way through this morning.

Wascally Weasel

« Reply #35 on: 13 December, 2012, 06:48:51 am »
The sign now.reads "Except disabled permit holders and cyclists".

Speshact

• Charlie
« Reply #36 on: 13 December, 2012, 08:45:45 am »
Excellent. I've sent a thank you note has been sent to the person at the Royal Parks who said they'd make the change and updated the blog.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #37 on: 13 December, 2012, 09:09:22 am »
:thumbsup:
Getting there...