Author Topic: Can't walk too well but just discovered 'bent trikes :) advice for disabled ride  (Read 11938 times)

My friend Jonathan who rides a adventure trice has ms and cannot use clipless pedals. He uses a rubber strap to hold his feet in the pedals ( the type used for strapping luggage to your cycle rack ) . :)
the slower you go the more you see

Auntie Helen

• 6 Wheels in Germany
I'm not a fan of Marathon Racers as the ones I had delivered with my second trike got three punctures in 500 miles so I swapped them for Marathons (normal ones, not Plus). I have since tried Panaracer Minits Tough (not tough enough) and Kojaks (fast but not very comfy) as well as Big Apple (hard to get to sit on the rims well but good once one). But I keep coming back to normal Marathons. I get about one puncture per 3000 miles which is OK (although none with them on either bike since I have moved to Germany where you don't get hedges or flints so much).
My blog on cycling in Germany and eating German cake – http://www.auntiehelen.co.uk

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
My Pedal of Choice for most applications is still the Look Delta but the sticky-out cleats make 'em buggers to walk in.  The Towpath Bike has Crank Bros Candy which are much betterer in that regard.  I find SPDs well-nigh impossible to clip into and thus diskard them.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

Pedaldog.

• Heedlessly impulsive, reckless, rash.
  • The Madcap!
I use M324s on the Trice. They've been on for around 9 years now and I don't use the "Normal Pedal" bit after having leg suck under the cross beam nearly breaking my leg a few years ago. If I was only going local I might but I would be very careful.
I use standard marathons all round and have had very few (Mumble, mumble) "Visits".
You touch my Coffee and I'll slap you so hard, even Google won't be able to find you!

I'm not a fan of Marathon Racers as the ones I had delivered with my second trike got three punctures in 500 miles .........
I had that type of luck when I first swapped Racers to Supremes.

I tend to get around 5 punctures a year while covering ~7,500-8,000 mile spread over all 5 wheels.
Works over to be roughly 2 on the front, 2 on the back and 1 on the trailer a year.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
Mine originally came witn Stelvios which were fast, fargile and wore out mercifully quickly.  I then switched to Marathon Slicks were were slower, only marginally less fragile and absolute sods to refit, especially at 3 am in the rain.  Thence to Marathon Racers, which were an improvement in all areas.  One day I'll get the bloody steering fixed :-\
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime