Author Topic: Planet X Holdsworth Brevet frameset  (Read 9779 times)

Re: Planet X Holdsworth Brevet frameset
« Reply #25 on: 27 February, 2017, 09:44:25 am »
I don't know the Brevet but I recently bought a PX Holdsworth La Quelda SS frameset. I paid £80 for it when PX were having one of their regular sales. I do like the bike but frankly, I'm glad I didn't pay much more than that. Main complaint is that you only have to look at it for the paint to flake off.

Unfortunately, that has been true of my Genesis. Since it is black and I'm a slob, I just touch it up with black nail varnish.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

Planet X Paul

• The Green Machine
« Reply #26 on: 27 February, 2017, 09:52:09 am »
Could it take a 12t cassette?

I don't know if your comment is directed at my post, but if it is, then as there is an 11-32 cassette on it, there is a '12' in there somewhere.

« Reply #27 on: 27 February, 2017, 10:40:22 am »
Could it take a 12t cassette?

I don't know if your comment is directed at my post, but if it is, then as there is an 11-32 cassette on it, there is a '12' in there somewhere.

It was a tongue in cheek reference to the frame I bought which could only take a 11t.

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #28 on: 27 February, 2017, 10:52:30 am »
Just to add some balance, I hired a Pinarello while in Mallorca last year and was very unimpressed with it.

Balance? Maybe the particular bike wasn't suitable for your needs at that time, but since you don't say what model Pinarello it was or what type of riding you were doing, it doesn't add anything useful or interesting to the conversation.

The OP asked for comments on a particular PX bike. Since my PX Holdsworth is a very similar frame, I felt my experience of flaky paint was a relevant observation. That may be down to a one-off bad batch, it may be a flaw in the production process that affects all PX Holdsworth frames. Nothing to do with snobbery. Nothing to do with the relative value or performance of any other make or model of bike.

You seem bizarrely intent on defending Planet X bikes against any criticism, however legitimate, at any cost. Do you have shares in the company?
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

frankly frankie

• I kid you not
    • Fuchsiaphile
« Reply #29 on: 27 February, 2017, 11:02:47 am »
Any bike that I ride has the paint flaking off.  It once reduced a local framebuilder to tears, when he saw the frame he had built for me after 2 years' use ...
when you're dead you're done, so let the good times roll

« Reply #30 on: 27 February, 2017, 11:36:32 am »
Any bike that I ride has the paint flaking off.  It once reduced a local framebuilder to tears, when he saw the frame he had built for me after 2 years' use ...

Do you sweat paint stripper?

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #31 on: 27 February, 2017, 01:27:24 pm »
It'll be all those Chernobyl audaxes he does.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

guidon

• formerly known as cyclone
« Reply #32 on: 03 March, 2017, 12:40:08 pm »

As do mine including Mercian within months!!!