Author Topic: Milton Keynes Ride-it Event - Albury Hill  (Read 1323 times)

Milton Keynes Ride-it Event - Albury Hill
« on: 16 April, 2018, 10:21:53 am »
Thought I do one of Evans's Ride-it event - for a gentle start Milton Keynes 100 km - there is mention of one hill (!) Albury Hill but I can only find this one in Surrey. Anyone know this one around MK? Don't get me wrong, I am used to hills living in the Chilterns. Just reccying the route.

Re: Milton Keynes Ride-it Event - Albury Hill
« Reply #1 on: 16 April, 2018, 10:38:34 am »
Sounds like it might be, "Tom's Hill," out of Aldbury. It climbs up to Ashridge.

« Reply #2 on: 16 April, 2018, 10:59:34 am »
Sounds like it might be, "Tom's Hill," out of Aldbury. It climbs up to Ashridge.

Thanks, from the map I got it looks like the route will be touching the northern edge of the Chiltern and Tom's Hill is a reasonable climb, have done worse, but it's best to anticipate the climb in terms of reserves.

whosatthewheel

« Reply #3 on: 16 April, 2018, 11:07:05 am »
If you are comfortable to do 100 km, I wouldn't worry the slightest about Tom's hill... it's by no means a wall and it's not very long

« Reply #4 on: 16 April, 2018, 11:57:26 am »
I do 60k (including many "easy" hills) regularly so 100 isn't that much of a leap.

« Reply #5 on: 01 May, 2018, 02:13:24 pm »
Completed the ride ok. Shouldn't have worried about "that" hill, it was more hillier than I expected. The first half out was ok, but then I didn't manage my energy properly and it seemed every little hill turned into a mountain. Total moving ride-time 6 hours, yes I am slow.