Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
The Pub / Re: Tune Association II - Son of Tune Association
« Last post by rogerzilla on Today at 12:28:32 pm »
Magic Number - De La Soul
Caption It / Caption it #2084
« Last post by meddyg on Today at 12:25:15 pm »

....so it's not just sex appeal that sold bicycles -
(unless you have a thing for men in suits & trilby!)
OT Knowledge / Re: Mixer Tap regulations
« Last post by matthew on Today at 12:24:58 pm »
And the homeowner responsibility to replace but the water companies responsibility to mitigate until they do.

I will say programmes to install water meters have been a great way for the water companies to find which houses have lead service lines (connection from the main to the house) and gain valuable insight to where the risk exists, because like the household that was built 54+ years ago so was the pipe laid 54+ years ago and good luck finding any record of the pipe material used that long ago for anything smaller than about 12" in diameter, if it hasn't been dug up since.
OT Knowledge / Re: Mixer Tap regulations
« Last post by Cudzoziemiec on Today at 12:21:35 pm »
Yes, I meant within properties. 54 years since it was legal to fit it but a lot of it is still there.
Health & Fitness / Re: Prescription glasses
« Last post by hellymedic on Today at 12:18:30 pm »
I think you need an optometrist who really listens & understands your optical needs.

It might help to list your activities & measure distance of face to page, screen and other targets. You can note head tilt, if needed, too.

Optical ‘sweet spots’ for some lenses are TINY, especially for high-power lenses and correct alignment is critical.

Good Luck!
The Sporting Life / Re: Liverpool
« Last post by Peter on Today at 12:17:24 pm »
Too much expectation.  It's a game, almost anything can happen.  To be depressed when your team is second and still with a chance of going top is taking it way too seriously (Shankly was wrong -  funny but wrong!).  Now, Crystal Palace 2 - Newcastle 0, THAT's depressing - or it would be if I hadn't got used to it over the years!
The Knowledge / Bikepacking Bags - what's your favourite/hated and why?
« Last post by rabbit on Today at 12:09:57 pm »
Hey folks,

After a very long absence from the road, I have just brought a gravel bike for some audaxy stuff, touring stuff and general gentle miles.

I am planning to get some nice matchymatchy bikepacking luggage to go with it but I am looking for opinions. Alpkit would have always been my go to, but I am not happy with them and their customer service (which means they have lost out on both a gravel bike sale, and selling me a lot of luggage to go with it)

So I am looking for alternatives. Currently Ortleib are at the top of my list, but I am open to other suggestions. Things have moved on so much since I last purchased luggage, I literally don't know where to start!

So what do you use, and why? Can you convince me to return to Alpkit and replace my alpkit seat bag and frame bag, both of which have worn through with the use they have had.
Health & Fitness / Re: The path to regaining fitness
« Last post by hellymedic on Today at 12:04:45 pm »
At some point in the future, it’s possible you’ll shift health gear from first, which is where you are now, chugging along with little zest, to second, third and fourth, in pretty rapid succession, feel ‘properly well’ and ‘bouncing like Tigger’.
I can’t tell when this will be, but sticking to fairly pedestrian activities and expectations until then will do no harm.
The Pub / Re: Tune Association II - Son of Tune Association
« Last post by JefO on Today at 11:55:10 am »
Tunnel of Love - Fun Boy Three
Health & Fitness / Re: Cross Training: Swimming
« Last post by citoyen on Today at 11:54:11 am »
I'm averaging under 1.45 / 100m for the main part of the session, down from about 1.55/2.00 in December.
My swimming lessons have got me from 3:00 to 2:45.  :-[

My 100m splits today ranged from 2:53 to 3:36 (mostly breaststroke). I'm both out of practice and unfit. And clearly have no consistency (although some of the variation is down to congestion in the pool).

Was mulling over the idea of lessons to improve my technique.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10