Author Topic: Ureteroscopy  (Read 8820 times)

Re: Ureteroscopy
« Reply #50 on: 07 October, 2017, 07:58:48 pm »
An NHS online x-check of symptoms suggests kidney infection. Nothing more serious.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

Wowbagger

• Former Sylph
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #51 on: 07 October, 2017, 11:55:52 pm »
I suffer from a mild form of prostatitis. I've had two episodes where you feel that you have to pee constantly but of course you can't. Both times a treatment of antibiotics sorted it - reduces the bacteria that enlarges the prostate. Now, I try not to overdo it on the suds and not become dehydrated. Not saying you have that and hope your problem is an easy fix.

Are you bothered with frequent peeing with not a lot of volume?

No.

Since being diagnosed with a kidney stone I have adopted a policy of drinking quite a bit of water anyway. I take a pint up to bed with me, I have a pint when I take my tablets first thing, and I try to remember to have at least one more pint of water during the course of the day. As well as that I have several cups of tea and coffee, orange juice and beer. I do pee a lot. I have never had a problem trying to pee and not being able to. I do find, though, that after taking a crap sometimes my bladder hasn't emptied and it's easier to empty it from a standing position. This is a relatively recent (last 5 years or less) development. I guess it is down to the extra tissue sitting on my prostate.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

Wowbagger

• Former Sylph
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #52 on: 19 February, 2018, 05:47:05 pm »
I had my follow-up appointment today.

I didn't have to wait long to be called. I had done my homework and my bladder was already sufficiently full for me to go straight away. I pissed into a large funnel which led to a bottle attached to some sensitive measuring equipment. The result was that I managed to piss about 380 ml but a further 120 ml or so was left in my bladder. The rate at which I pissed was up to 20ml / second, which counts as normal.

The guy I saw, a young Welsh registrar, asked me about how often I had to get up in the night for a piss. I reckon most nights it's 2 or 3 times. He said it was up to me, as mine is a borderline case and as long as I never have any trouble getting started pissing then they are reasonably OK with it, but they prefer the bladder to contain less than 100 ml after pissing. He offered me the option of some alpha-blocker (tamsulosin I think he said) which would relax the neck of my bladder so that I can get rid of more. Apparently it also has an odd effect on the ejaculation process so that the semen ends up in the bladder rather than the outside world and is discarded when pissing. You will be pleased to know that I won't bother to report back on this - unless someone really asks nicely!

I am going to have a blood test to check that there are no detectable metabolic reasons for me having a kidney stone and he will write to my doctor about starting on tamsulosin.

Discharged!

:thumbsup:
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.