Author Topic: Recommend an energy supplier  (Read 2914 times)

Re: Recommend a energy supplier
« Reply #25 on: 19 February, 2021, 07:42:08 am »
6p/day is a very low standing charge. But just to put standing charges into perspective, +10p/day  is + £36.50 pa. A penny down the kWh rate, with our annual consumption of around 3000 kWh would for us be almost cost neutral.

« Reply #26 on: 19 February, 2021, 07:51:02 am »
On the basis of the above quick calcs I'm going to Octopush. Standing charge +5p on existing supplier kWh -1p. Apart from the +1's here even someone with 'normal' vision finds it  a pleasure to use a website  UI where the text and background differ by rather more than a half tone of Cyan.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #27 on: 19 February, 2021, 12:11:41 pm »
On the basis of the above quick calcs I'm going to Octopush. Standing charge +5p on existing supplier kWh -1p. Apart from the +1's here even someone with 'normal' vision finds it  a pleasure to use a website  UI where the text and background differ by rather more than a half tone of Cyan.

Yes, I was pleasantly surprised by that.  I dragged barakta (who has been known to mutter about WCAG on a regular basis) over and even she was impressed.  Just goes to prove that you can be accessible without compromising 'design' (or phantasmagoriana compliance).