Author Topic: People who park like fuds  (Read 288844 times)

clarion

• Tyke
Re: People who park like fuds
« Reply #800 on: 07 April, 2016, 09:40:12 am »
Wouldn't that be NSFW?
Getting there...

Clare

• Is in NZ
« Reply #801 on: 07 April, 2016, 09:45:37 am »
One of our neighbours does that, the first time it was our car they had reversed into and I was concerned they would try to claim we had hit their car rather than vice versa. A couple of days later I noticed they had done exactly the same to another car further down the road.

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #802 on: 07 April, 2016, 05:58:41 pm »
When I went to inspect the front of our car on the way past this morning I noted that my neighbour does in fact have reversing sensors!
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

fuzzy

« Reply #803 on: 08 April, 2016, 12:02:15 pm »
Probably the percussive sensors.......

« Reply #804 on: 08 April, 2016, 12:48:42 pm »
All it needed was for another neighbour to do the same at the front of his car and you to both go on holiday for a couple of weeks.  :demon:

ian

« Reply #805 on: 09 April, 2016, 08:15:51 pm »
Probably the percussive sensors.......
[/quote

That's how the French park.

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #806 on: 18 April, 2016, 08:33:11 pm »
On a ten minute walk to the shops yesterday, two separate cars parked with their engines running unattended. One still had its lights on. Both filling the air with that waxy diesel smell.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #807 on: 18 April, 2016, 08:35:55 pm »
On a ten minute walk to the shops yesterday, two separate cars parked with their engines running unattended. One still had its lights on. Both filling the air with that waxy diesel smell.

That sounds like an excellent way to save you having to walk to the shops...  :demon:

Cudzoziemiec

« Reply #808 on: 18 April, 2016, 08:59:00 pm »
I really should have switched them both off. And perhaps accidentally dropped the keys down a drain.

Pingu

• Put away those fiery biscuits!
  • Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo
« Reply #809 on: 18 April, 2016, 09:26:08 pm »
I bet they moan about the price of fuel.

« Reply #810 on: 19 April, 2016, 09:07:59 am »

It is an RTA doing that, I hope they get nicked

Regulation 107(2)(a). This states that no person shall cause or permit to be on any road any motor vehicle which is not attended by a person duly licensed to drive it unless the engine is stopped and the parking brake is effectively set. Exemptions to the requirements of this Regulation as to the stopping of the engine include a fire brigade vehicle, the engine of which is being used for any fire brigade purpose.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

Cudzoziemiec

« Reply #811 on: 19 April, 2016, 12:33:16 pm »
Ha ha! One of them was one the zig zags next to the zebra crossing, but it's not like a real law, is it?

(I didn't know the bit about the parking brake though. A lot of people don't do that either.)

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #812 on: 20 April, 2016, 11:12:19 am »
Touch parking was OK when the French drove Citroen Visas and Renault 5s with those grey plastic bumpers (dents gradually popped back out over a few hours).  Now everything has body-coloured bumpers, it's hopeless.  Who on earth thought they were a good idea, except maybe paint and bodyshops?
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

« Reply #813 on: 20 April, 2016, 11:14:39 am »
Stylists.
Rust never sleeps

fuzzy

« Reply #814 on: 21 April, 2016, 02:06:37 pm »
Stylists.

The automotive equivalent of fecking architects :demon:

« Reply #815 on: 21 April, 2016, 02:47:28 pm »
Wildly OT, but I've had the very occasional beer with some people who were part of the engineering team for the Wobbly Bridge. The Engineers were Arups, and it was one of their chaps who had the idea of the bridge and its novel design. However, in order to win the competition they knew they would have to get a famous architect on board. Cue stage right, Foster and Partners. This gave the bid sufficient cachet that they won. However, given that this bridge's form is about 98% function, the architectural partner assigned to the project was rapidly consigned to specifying things like the texture of the handrails and footway.
Rust never sleeps

« Reply #816 on: 04 May, 2016, 11:28:56 pm »
I wish I'd had a camera, as there was some craptacular parking at Darlo's Lidl. There's some building work on in the car park, which is small excuse - there's a car park at the next door Aldi. But god forbid they should have to walk.

Second prize goes to the mahoosive van parked on a zebra crossing blocking a dropped pavement. This leads up to supported housing at the back of the car park, and for me it was a minor inconvenience, but there could easily be people who were unable to get into their houses owing to this clown's selfishness.

Normally that'd be a gold medal, but he was trumped by the BMW driver who was so incompetent that she ended up at a 45º angle, half on the pavement, half arse sticking out into the road, maximising the inconvenience to both pedestrians and drivers. There was space to park properly, too, even for her ridiculous X5.

As I'm turning into my dad, I asked her "Is that really the best job of parking you can do?".

Her response: "Yeah. I'm just going to the pharmacy".  ::-)

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #817 on: 04 May, 2016, 11:41:45 pm »
Fuddishly parked Nissan Leaf at the end of my road today (no, not the car club one).  I think that means electric cars have gone mainstream.

« Reply #818 on: 05 May, 2016, 08:33:31 am »
"Is that really the best job of parking you can do?".

Her response: "Yeah. I'm just going to the pharmacy".  ::-)

:o and I thought obesity and smoking were a drain on the NHS, that little pill is going to bankrupt the nation.

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
« Reply #819 on: 23 May, 2016, 09:32:05 pm »
;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup:

JStone

• E=112
« Reply #820 on: 24 May, 2016, 09:29:48 am »
This morning, outside the office. One BMW blocks 6 parking spaces:

Néophyte > 2007 > Ancien > 2011 > Récidiviste

« Reply #821 on: 24 May, 2016, 10:20:54 am »
You got that wrong, the bike should be locked to the sheffield stand that is by the drivers door so that they can't open it.  :demon:

JStone

• E=112
« Reply #822 on: 24 May, 2016, 10:40:50 am »
You got that wrong, the bike should be locked to the sheffield stand that is by the drivers door so that they can't open it.  :demon:

... so which is the most likely outcome: driver says 'oh dear, I'll have to try to climb in from the passenger side, must park more carefully next time', or driver simply forces bike out of the way? Not wanting to stereotype - but this is a BMW...

Actual outcome - I told Reception, and they got the car moved.
Néophyte > 2007 > Ancien > 2011 > Récidiviste

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #823 on: 24 May, 2016, 12:01:30 pm »

Or, if possible, to the driver's door handle.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

« Reply #824 on: 24 May, 2016, 12:01:54 pm »

... so which is the most likely outcome: driver says 'oh dear, I'll have to try to climb in from the passenger side, must park more carefully next time', or driver simply forces bike out of the way? Not wanting to stereotype - but this is a BMW...

Actual outcome - I told Reception, and they got the car moved.
Agreed, it would have required careful deployment of the lock to secure the bike as an obstruction and such that the driver was unlikely to damage it.

In practise I would have used your receptionist technique, particularly if it required a circular email to all in the building to identify the owner.