Author Topic: Why do I feel so dreadful?  (Read 12525 times)

Re: Why do I feel so dreadful?
« Reply #50 on: 07 June, 2016, 02:26:17 pm »
I found out that my proton pump inhibitor also affects Magnesium absorption. Magnesium is mega- important in the energy process, so low magnesium could result in tiredness etc.
I use a transdermal magnesium spray ( by Better You), and have noticed improvement in my performance, and sleep.

« Reply #51 on: 07 June, 2016, 03:36:40 pm »
Thanks for that. I will ring my GP now!

« Reply #52 on: 09 June, 2016, 01:55:28 pm »
I found out that my proton pump inhibitor also affects Magnesium absorption. Magnesium is mega- important in the energy process, so low magnesium could result in tiredness etc.
I use a transdermal magnesium spray ( by Better You), and have noticed improvement in my performance, and sleep.

I use Better You magnesium oil spray to massage my aching legs. Magic.

dim

« Reply #53 on: 09 June, 2016, 08:13:52 pm »
might help to take a really good multivitamin every 2nd day. Best one that I have found is Solgar Omnium:

http://www.solgar.com/SolgarProducts/Omnium-Tablets.htm

they say one should take 2 tabs a day, but I think that 1 every 2nd day is good

some good reviews on amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Solgar-Phytonutrient-Complex-Multiple-Vitamin/dp/B000GJL6CG/188-6101734-3837562?ie=UTF8&*Version*=1&*entries*=0#customerReviews

“No great mind has ever existed without a touch of madness.” - Aristotle

« Reply #54 on: 02 December, 2016, 08:13:42 pm »
Having signed up to training peaks, then today's plan, then gotten a bit of coaching, looking back, my ramp rate coming back from hernia was ridiculous. I think I overtrained, and combined with the omep, I put myself in to a bad place.

Am trying to keep to 4-5 easy workouts, 2 hard workouts a week, with a sensible ramp rate and some periodisation built in. Read an interesting paper that referenced a study showing that cyclists tend to go too hard on easy workouts and too easy on hard ones. Will try to avoid that.

Am loving the way Today's Plan makes the workout files for Zwift. Getting a coach to help me with the annual stuff and periodisation, but just to look over the workouts I'm doing and give tips retrospectively will hopefully be a way to keep me engaged with the process (can't imaging handing over responsibility) whilst providing some oversight. I want to plan my own workouts (so I understand them) and fit them around work / home, but I want reassurance I'm not barking up the wrong tree, and someone willing to cast an eye over what I'm up to. Chap helping me has done 24hr TT and transcon, and already does my bike fit and blood lactate.