Author Topic: PBP 2023 Jerseys from around the world  (Read 7535 times)

Re: PBP 2023 Jerseys from around the world
« Reply #25 on: 05 May, 2023, 05:21:02 pm »
And now AUK....

Orders close before many will have done their qualifying 600/ know they're actually going...

Oh dear, I looked forward to an Audax UK jersey, but soon as I saw the manufacturer, I died, Stolen Goat has to be the worst kit I have worn.

My Stolen Goat Club SS jersey never felt good, too hot and sticky with sweat, the material does not seem to "breath", after a long day and into the evening, I always felt as if I had sweated buckets and then rolled in all the dust and muck in the kerb and it had dried on me all crusty.

LEL on the first day, I was really suffering with the jersey and the Sun behind most of the time, constantly trying to pull the collar away from my neck to cool down and blaming the strap on my documents wallet causing a hot spot. Later on the next day I had my jersey hung up and noticed something I had never noticed before, a sort of  "latexy" stolen goat motiff on the inside below the collar, that was the source of the hot spot, the place were you pour cold water or apply an ice pack to cool down back of your neck, cannot work out the point of what its for or if I could remove it without damaging the print. According to Stolen Goat, its known as a "Heat transfer neck label", only problem is, it retains heat. At the first bag drop with my spare jersey at Brampton , I swapped jersey to my old Pactimo club shirt and never had an issue rest of the way round.

Sadly though, I will probably  buy one, but not for long days out.
For a size guide, I am 6' 1", 44" chest and I take a XXXL. By Stolen Goats size chart, I should be next size down,  but even an XXXL fits the "Contours" a bit to snug, they are a performance fit tailored to fit snug,  but the next size up, XXXXL, could be massive as it for a  49" to a 52" chest. They have also gone up £20 in 14 months.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #26 on: 05 May, 2023, 06:46:57 pm »
Sample shown on FaceAche looks very racing snake shaped.

Hope they make other sizes & shapes!

« Reply #27 on: 05 May, 2023, 07:25:52 pm »

I Think its the Ladies SS in the picture, but from experience, the Men's is also tailored to fit, hence why its known as the "Bodyline". and certainly not my "cut" of cloth for Audaxing in or long days out, its a racing jersey hence why my club changed to them.

In fact, I've decided not to get one, from my experience of them for audaxing and general riding, they are only worth half the price. I even vowed never to buy any more club kit after just a few months of getting it unless they change company.

Zed43

• prefers UK hills over Dutch mountains
« Reply #28 on: 05 May, 2023, 10:37:16 pm »
The design leaves me cold tbh; not bad but just <shrug/>. The £80 pricetag did raise an eyebrow, don't know if it's reasonable by UK standards but it is literally 2x the price the Dutch PBP jersey (which has "race fit" and "club fit" variants of long- and short sleeves).

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #29 on: 06 May, 2023, 05:44:38 pm »
I Think its the Ladies SS in the picture, but from experience, the Men's is also tailored to fit, hence why its known as the "Bodyline". and certainly not my "cut" of cloth for Audaxing in or long days out, its a racing jersey hence why my club changed to them.
In fact, I've decided not to get one, from my experience of them for audaxing and general riding, they are only worth half the price. I even vowed never to buy any more club kit after just a few months of getting it unless they change company.

Eyeballing that shape, even when reading the sizing, suggests these jerseys would really only suit a 'stick insect'. They looh tight on the hips, but I am pear-shaped!

bhoot

• MemSec (ex-Mrs RRtY)
« Reply #30 on: 07 May, 2023, 09:03:26 am »
Doesn't seem to show up on https://audax.uk/news/
It does now, I think those responsible for website content only got the information yesterday.

Wycombewheeler

• PBP-2019 LEL-2022
« Reply #31 on: 09 May, 2023, 07:23:40 am »
... The £80 pricetag did raise an eyebrow, don't know if it's reasonable by UK standards ..
I'm not even sure it's reasonable by Stolen goat standards. As the stolen goat ibex bodyline ss club jersey for our club is £64

Eddington  127miles, 170km

« Reply #32 on: 09 May, 2023, 10:18:40 am »
FYI - our Audax Australia PBP jersey cost $25 for the short sleeve and $30 for the long sleeve - works out at about GBP 13.50/16.00  ::-)
Chinese manufacturer but quality reasonable for a lightweight summer jersey.

pizzicatooff

• Night riding is inevitable
« Reply #33 on: 20 May, 2023, 10:02:37 pm »
From Facebook - thanks to Alan James - There's a Stolen Goat discount in Cycling UK's latest email worth 20% off. Try CUKBikeWeek23

Yes, it does work for this jersey.

« Reply #34 on: 22 May, 2023, 07:30:23 am »
Just as a follow on, the voucher code posted by "pizzicatoof" is still working this morning (07:15, 22.05.22).

So despite not being happy with the jersey overall based on my club jersey, I relented and bought one.

The pricing of the kit has affected my club and likewise they also have to pay £80 for same item and we got them originally for £60 but it appears no one seems to know if we had a club discount for our first purchases from Stolen Goat club kit just over 12 months ago.

A few days after I posted this, my club has gone back to using our previous supplier and is stopping using Stolen Goat, evidently it has not been supplying the orders on time and orders that are outstanding are promised now for mid July so basically almost still a month and a half wait on top of what has already been waited. The reason being is, its because its only a small order. So basically, if the order for Audax Uk kit is small, will it be the same, a long wait?

thing1

• aka Joth
    • TandemThings
« Reply #35 on: 06 June, 2023, 11:27:57 am »
I noticed Stolen Goat have extended the order deadline to 16 June. So having thought I'd safely missed it out on it, I now have another ten days to dither over it. I already bought the official jersey, just because, so really not drawn by the price tag on this one, even with a discount code
I thought the original deadline, before actual registration opened and while most folks still had some rides left to go on qualification, was over optimistic

https://stolengoat.com/collection/audax-uk-pbp/

« Reply #36 on: 06 June, 2023, 11:47:16 am »
Japan

Korea

Haven't seen a "must have" to swap yet. The Korean one is nice and clean though (I like the downward extension of the collar on the front, gives a subtile asian slant to the design IMO)

Really like the South Korean one and the Audax Japan one is fine...

It's just not quite the Okayama 1200 jersey from 2016 though is it?

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #37 on: 06 June, 2023, 12:01:55 pm »
And now AUK....

Orders close before many will have done their qualifying 600/ know they're actually going...
I'd say it's not bad but whereas some of the other designs put PBP foremost, this is definitely going with AUK as the main motif and PBP as a little postscript.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

« Reply #38 on: 20 June, 2023, 10:11:28 am »
Randonneurs Finland

« Reply #39 on: 28 July, 2023, 09:47:58 am »
Any updates on shipping of the UK jerseys from Stolen Goat? Has anyone had theirs yet?

Graeme

• @fatherhilarious.blog 🦋
    • Graeme's Blog
« Reply #40 on: 07 August, 2023, 05:19:22 pm »
Any updates on shipping of the UK jerseys from Stolen Goat? Has anyone had theirs yet?

Mine arrived this morning, I'm really pleased with it. Good fit, although I'm glad my biceps are puny.