Author Topic: Heroes...  (Read 1393 times)

Heroes...
« on: 03 July, 2008, 10:25:13 pm »
So Volume III awaits...

(click to show/hide)

See what happens I guess - give it a go for a bit...  Anyone else still watching...

Andy
Cycle and recycle.   SS Wilson

Re: Heroes...
« Reply #1 on: 03 July, 2008, 10:27:13 pm »
Heroes is a series I have never seen but is quite often the DVD set I am drawn to in the shops.
Is it worth it?
I didn't bother with 24 or Lost.
Heroes appeals to me because it appears to be a bit like X men?
I like the powers aspect - sci fi aspect.

So, would you recommend it and why?

« Reply #2 on: 03 July, 2008, 11:27:21 pm »
Heroes is a series I have never seen but is quite often the DVD set I am drawn to in the shops.
Is it worth it?
I didn't bother with 24 or Lost.
Heroes appeals to me because it appears to be a bit like X men?
I like the powers aspect - sci fi aspect.

So, would you recommend it and why?

I enjoyed it - once you get used to the jumping from one hero to another, the characters are pretty well developed and the story builds quite well.  I suppose it is X-men like, but different...  ;)

Have a look at these Amazon reviews of the series I DVD. 
Amazon.co.uk: Heroes - Season 1 Complete [2006]: Milo Ventimiglia, Adrian Pasdar, Hayden Panettiere, Ali Larter, Masi Oka, Jack Coleman, Greg Grunberg: DVD

I also didn't watch 24 or lost, well - I tried lost and gave up. 
Cycle and recycle.   SS Wilson

Chris S

« Reply #3 on: 04 July, 2008, 01:13:58 am »
We all enjoyed the first series.

The plot lines on the second series were a bit daft, and laboured; mainly because of the writers strike - I suspect some episodes were written by the studio doorman.

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #4 on: 07 July, 2008, 03:56:37 pm »
Did they finish season 2 cos last I heard they stopped at ep 12 :(
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Support Equilibrium

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #5 on: 07 July, 2008, 04:01:53 pm »
Did they finish season 2 cos last I heard they stopped at ep 12 :(

Yes, it was a rushed finish, and the create (Tim Kring?) has said that he was not happy with it, but he couldn't do anything else because of the writers strike, apparently S.3 will be much better (lets face it, it couldn't be any worse!)
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #6 on: 07 July, 2008, 04:09:06 pm »
True, I shall have to try track down these eps as I doubt the channels over here will be likely to show a half series.
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Support Equilibrium

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #7 on: 08 July, 2008, 07:50:55 am »
Sorry I should have been a bit clearer. ep 12 was the last ep of season 2.  Although, IIRC the heroes uncovered site gives more back story and fills in the story more.
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #8 on: 13 July, 2008, 11:53:10 am »
Oh ok, I gotcha

Support Equilibrium