Author Topic: Weight Loss Discussion Thread  (Read 1253360 times)

hellymedic

• Just do it!
Re: Weight Loss Discussion Thread
« Reply #6700 on: 07 February, 2018, 12:54:19 pm »
Two weeks without scales and now new ones, not the best combination :(

Sympathies!
I was given nice new digital scales one Christmas; they wiped out a whole year's paltry loss!

My own weight has not changed.

At all.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #6701 on: 08 February, 2018, 04:37:47 pm »
Errr Simon,
I know I'm an old woman dwelling on the past but it seems my initial 74kg weight and BMI of 27 (18/1/2012) don't feature in the graphs.

Sometimes I need to see these to improve my morale. I know it's all AGES ago but I wonder if you could oblige.

Ta muchly!

simonp

« Reply #6702 on: 08 February, 2018, 05:20:02 pm »
Errr Simon,
I know I'm an old woman dwelling on the past but it seems my initial 74kg weight and BMI of 27 (18/1/2012) don't feature in the graphs.

Sometimes I need to see these to improve my morale. I know it's all AGES ago but I wonder if you could oblige.

Ta muchly!

The graphs do indeed only go back 6 years so those weights are now off the end of the graph.

I can easily generate an additional graph (or perhaps increase the longest to 8 years so it goes in powers of 2).

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #6703 on: 08 February, 2018, 05:42:44 pm »
Errr Simon,

Ta muchly!

The graphs do indeed only go back 6 years so those weights are now off the end of the graph.

I can easily generate an additional graph (or perhaps increase the longest to 8 years so it goes in powers of 2).

I suppose it's now over 6 years <GULP!>

YACF is approaching its 10th birthday and this thread is only a couple of days younger than YACF so maybe there's a place for 'big picture' graphs. Maybe I just want to prop myself up!

« Reply #6704 on: 08 February, 2018, 10:55:12 pm »
Seems to be slow, but steady this year. Still struggling to enforce a better diet, but still cutting out most snacks, etc, which is helping. Could/should do better!

py

« Reply #6705 on: 12 February, 2018, 02:34:45 pm »
Relatively new to YACF, have been lurking a bit found this and the annual tracking thread so decided to get involved. Have made some positive changes to diet in terms of quality, quantity and when I'm eating which has led to some good results so far. Have also opted to bring a bidon with me on my commutes to ensure I get enough water during the day.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #6706 on: 12 February, 2018, 06:30:25 pm »
Bidons filled with tap juice will save you money, calories and reduce your plastic waste footprint - all good.

Welcome to yacf weight-witterers!

There are times when we are the slowest-moving part of the forum!

« Reply #6707 on: 14 February, 2018, 08:52:30 am »
Back to moving and weighing post retinal surgery:) Up 1.2kgs over 3 weeks, but happy with that given I've not done anything! Now I just need to get ready for Deano's More Gravel (what will feel like) Forever!

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #6708 on: 14 February, 2018, 12:49:07 pm »
Static

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
« Reply #6709 on: 21 February, 2018, 09:24:28 am »
It's been a rough two months, but I've finally done away with most of the holiday-related padding.  I am relieved.  I was beginning to think I was on my way back up to 'too much'.
;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup:

crowriver

• Крис Б
« Reply #6710 on: 21 February, 2018, 12:50:50 pm »
Pretty much stasis for the past few weeks. It's the inevitable 80kg boundary which seems so hard to break through.

Might have to review what I'm eating on the other 5 days - maybe I'm overcompensating. Other possibility is my metabolism has re-adjusted to lower calorie intake. Also possible I've just been a tad too sedentary.

Time to revise plans a little...
Embrace your inner Fred.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #6711 on: 21 February, 2018, 12:58:11 pm »
Not even any noise on my flat line...

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #6712 on: 28 February, 2018, 11:54:42 am »
Trivial loss of uncertain significance.
Well, that's not a gain.
Which is good.

« Reply #6713 on: 28 February, 2018, 09:41:50 pm »
Think I'm gaining at the moment. Haven't got back to moving since the retina and now it's snowed so I feel a bit cooped up.

-6C here tonight and slippery

crowriver

• Крис Б
« Reply #6714 on: 21 March, 2018, 08:32:47 am »
Finally breached the 80kg barrier today - only just.

Target weight looking closer every week. Just got to keep going with the 5:2.
Embrace your inner Fred.

Blodwyn Pig

• what a nice chap
« Reply #6715 on: 25 March, 2018, 11:05:38 am »
just set up my weight chart for 2018, last weight recording in 2017 was sept 6th, then I gave up on my dodgy scale, coz they ate batterries. Went to Homebase yesterday for something, and swmbo started looking at scales. She is never bothered about her weight, but was given a FITBIT for mothers day, so keen to get it up and running,  and weight knowledge is paramount. So we found a nice set of black salter digi ones, with a BIG readout. Ex display, covered in dust, no bar code,  nothing on their pooter system ,  ok, 'but we want this one''' ;D''  Ok  but.....'' I'll give you £8 for it'' says I,  ok says the girl. Looked on line and they are £25 in Robert Dyas. well chuffed.
Anyway,  Sept 6th 2017...93.1 kg, after a 50km ride fasted, and today, straight out of bed, with last nights diner, 3 cans of beer, and  2 LARGE Captn Morgans,   92.1kg.. Not too badsy,  I'm not on the Keto thing,  but my carb intake is very  low, and I've been busy, and the snow etc, not been out on the bike much, plus been drinking a tad too much.  :thumbsup: ::-) :facepalm:
So I will endeavour to be good for a while.    b  o  o  r  i  n  g !  !   O:-)

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #6716 on: 25 March, 2018, 12:29:53 pm »
We might have a similar set of scales. I think they run on CR 2532 lithium coin cells. Our first did not last very long but the replacement seems longer-lived.

Metal strips are peeling off the plate but we don't use the fat estimation.

Welcome back!

Blodwyn Pig

• what a nice chap
« Reply #6717 on: 25 March, 2018, 04:13:29 pm »
That young TV body fitness guy, who is all the rage...... ::-) joe...something, looks about 10, anyway he avoids the scales, he calls it the step of shame! haha,I like that.

Chris S

« Reply #6718 on: 25 March, 2018, 05:32:49 pm »
People who don't have to worry about what the scales say, come out with shit like that.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #6719 on: 25 March, 2018, 05:40:14 pm »
Scales can act as a wake-up call or something to satisfy idle curiosity.

I weighed myself as a kid and found the half a stone per year (from ages 5-12) weight reassuringly regular. It never changed my eating.

I am weighing myself weekly now, having not touched the scales in the latter half of last year. I can only say I'm not gaining weight right now...

« Reply #6720 on: 29 March, 2018, 11:03:17 am »
Finally, finally dipped under the 14 stone and 90kg barriers this morning.   Hit a plateau last summer at around 14stone 10 which I have really had to work hard to get though.

7.6 kg down since Christmas and a total loss now of 6 stone 3 lbs from my heaviest ever.

Training now for a PB 10k in may at which point I would like to be another 4 or 5 pounds lighter.

Hoping I can start rethinking my yearly target if I can keep this discipline up.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #6721 on: 29 March, 2018, 02:45:08 pm »
There's a bit more noise on my flat line.

No convincing evidence of loss.

« Reply #6722 on: 29 March, 2018, 07:08:06 pm »
Yay, the end on Lent, no bread, no cheese, no meat, no pastry, NO FUN.
About 9kg lost in 45 days, but I'm not doing that again. 
Taking Easter off, then it's time to look for something more sustainable to lose the other 10kg, though probably not looking to lose more than around 500g a week.
I tried intermittent fasting at the start of the year (It worked for me a few years ago) but I now have a fairly physical job and felt lacking in energy. 
But the question for tonight is what to have on the pizza ;D

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #6723 on: 30 March, 2018, 12:11:54 am »

Whatever you fancy and I hope you enjoyed it!

« Reply #6724 on: 30 March, 2018, 10:57:54 am »

Whatever you fancy and I hope you enjoyed it!
I did thanks :thumbsup: