Author Topic: [LEL17] Bike storage around Loughton/Buckhurst Hill after finish?  (Read 1548 times)

Hi all,

After finishing the ride, I am planning on taking a week to go back up to Scotland to see some of the sights I may have missed while in a sleep deprived, brain dead state on the bike.  I have to figure out what to do with my boxed bike while I am galavanting across the Scottish countryside, though.  My wife has a friend in Kent outside of London (I believe) where I can stash the bike, but I was wondering if anyone had any ideas about where to store it closer to Loughton.

I am staying at the Buckhurst Hill Premier Inn for a night after the finish, and I'll ask them if I can leave the bike box there for a week, but I'm not so sure they'll be into that.

Anyway, just thought I'd throw it out there and see if anyone had any ideas.

Cheers!
Steve

αdαmsκι

• Instagram @ucfaaay Strava @ucfaaay
  • Look haggard. It sells.
Re: Bike storage around Loughton/Buckhurst Hill after finish?
« Reply #1 on: 12 April, 2017, 08:24:28 pm »
Join up to WarmShowers and ask some hosts who live in that region if they'll store the bike for you?
What on earth am I doing here on this beautiful day?! This is the only life I've got!!

https://tyredandhungry.wordpress.com/

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #2 on: 13 April, 2017, 12:14:10 pm »
... or a local bikeshop.

Just book it in for something trivial like new brake blocks - they'll effectively be storing it for the price of 30mins labour  ;D

[Sorry - I don't know anyone in the area. But the above is a semi-serious suggestion!]
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

« Reply #3 on: 13 April, 2017, 01:15:41 pm »
Thanks for the ideas!

Steve