Author Topic: B&M Secula Plus seatpost mount rear light  (Read 5483 times)

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
Re: B&M Secula Plus seatpost mount rear light
« Reply #25 on: 24 April, 2019, 08:08:32 pm »
Is the bracket on the seatpost version an easily removable item leaving the mudguard mounting bolts underneath? Or is it a completely separate back? Just wondering if it might be worth getting one, as long as it can be easily converted. 
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

yorkie

• On top of the Galibier
« Reply #26 on: 24 April, 2019, 08:59:53 pm »
Looking at the pictures on the Busch & Mueller website, the two versions appear to have different backs - one with a curved back and a bolt to fit on a mudguard and one with  a bolt hole going out the side for bracket/seatpost mounting.
Born to ride my bike, forced to work! ;)

British Cycling Regional A Track Commissaire
British Cycling Regional A Circuit Commissaire
Cycling Attendant, York Sport Village Cycle Circuit and Velodrome

FifeingEejit

• Not Small
« Reply #27 on: 24 April, 2019, 11:12:18 pm »
The other option is to get a light bracket for the bagman that'll hold a secula, which would then allow you to move the lamp to wherever on the bike you want it depending on how you've got the luggage.
Is this a Thing or did you make it yourself? Link/illustrations? I've actually got a spare Toplight in the box of bits, so had considered something along those lines. Problem though is I detach and reattach my saddle bag quite frequently and cos it's on a Classic rack, not a Bagman, the rack comes with it – so it would need hardy connectors in the wiring and more importantly, I'd have to be careful not to put it down in such a way as to break the light.

I presume you're talking about the connectors.
Which ever connector set its a DIY as no one as far as I can tell is selling rear light looms with connectors in them (and since every bike would want them somewhere different it's unlikely to be where you need/want it.

IF I remember I'll share pictures tomorrow as I can't be bothered going outside to get them right now.

Cudzoziemiec

« Reply #28 on: 25 April, 2019, 08:37:16 am »
The other option is to get a light bracket for the bagman that'll hold a secula, which would then allow you to move the lamp to wherever on the bike you want it depending on how you've got the luggage.
Is this a Thing or did you make it yourself? Link/illustrations? I've actually got a spare Toplight in the box of bits, so had considered something along those lines. Problem though is I detach and reattach my saddle bag quite frequently and cos it's on a Classic rack, not a Bagman, the rack comes with it – so it would need hardy connectors in the wiring and more importantly, I'd have to be careful not to put it down in such a way as to break the light.

Which ever connector set its a DIY as no one as far as I can tell is selling rear light looms with connectors in them (and since every bike would want them somewhere different it's unlikely to be where you need/want it.

IF I remember I'll share pictures tomorrow as I can't be bothered going outside to get them right now.
Sorry, I meant the bracket on the Bagman. I mean, it should be pretty easy to bend and drill a piece of metal to fit, but I don't have the facilities to do that, so I wondered if it was a commercially available thing. I haven't seen anything quite like that, with a curved bracket mudguard style. (At least, I think that's what I meant.. )

FifeingEejit

• Not Small
« Reply #29 on: 25 April, 2019, 12:50:18 pm »

Sorry, I meant the bracket on the Bagman. I mean, it should be pretty easy to bend and drill a piece of metal to fit, but I don't have the facilities to do that, so I wondered if it was a commercially available thing. I haven't seen anything quite like that, with a curved bracket mudguard style. (At least, I think that's what I meant.. )

Ah.

The top light is just P-Clips onto the back of the frame and separated at the distance of the TopLight's mounting bolts.

For the Secula one of these should do the job
https://www.sjscycles.co.uk/lighting-spares/hebie-arc-j82s-sl-universal-rack-fitting-light-bracket/

I've not got rout to trying mine though because I've got the top light...

Cudzoziemiec

« Reply #30 on: 25 April, 2019, 01:47:55 pm »
Ah, should have expected P-clips would be involved. In the absence of zip ties and gaffer tape! The Hebie thing looks chunkily useful. Cheers!

FifeingEejit

• Not Small
« Reply #31 on: 25 April, 2019, 06:34:49 pm »
And photys now im home

Sent from my BKL-L09 using Tapatalk