Author Topic: What is your pet doing right now?*  (Read 210339 times)

ian

Re: What is your pet doing right now?*
« Reply #1350 on: 17 September, 2019, 01:35:25 pm »
How did you get them not to pick at things?

We sat down and had a chat about the benefits of the uninterrupted healing process. I produced evidence from leading veterinary journals and took them through a twenty-minute Powerpoint entitled 'So You've Been to the Vets' with extra time for questions at the end.

Then many days of STOP THAT and plenty of pain killers. To be honest, neither seemed to pick at the stitches that much. LMC tore open her chest (no idea), mangled her paw (no idea), and got an abscess on her paw. Bad Cat attempted to leap from the balcony onto the tree next door with about as much success as I would have anticipated, cutting through her back leg and tendon.

« Reply #1351 on: 18 September, 2019, 02:24:35 pm »

We sat down and had a chat about the benefits of the uninterrupted healing process. I produced evidence from leading veterinary journals and took them through a twenty-minute Powerpoint entitled 'So You've Been to the Vets' with extra time for questions at the end.

;D

When our two were neutered they had both managed to escape their cones within about 45 seconds of release from the carry cases, the bandages were off the leg a further three minutes later. there was no way they were having the cones back on nor were we going to the vet for bodysuits and the mess that was going to generate. They both survived the week without losing the stitches or infection.
Duct tape is magic and should be worshipped

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #1352 on: 18 September, 2019, 02:44:30 pm »
;D
When our two were neutered they had both managed to escape their cones within about 45 seconds of release from the carry cases, the bandages were off the leg a further three minutes later. there was no way they were having the cones back on nor were we going to the vet for bodysuits and the mess that was going to generate. They both survived the week without losing the stitches or infection.
As our cats are feral, Cat Protection arranged for them to be neutered without the 'Elizabethan collar'.

Their stitches were buried (I think; that's what I would do!) and soluble.
No Trouble ensued.

The Cone oF Shame seems cruel IMO. I suspect it's used more than REALLY necessary.

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #1353 on: 18 September, 2019, 04:44:42 pm »
We decided that being as I am away in the land of Nog this week and therefore if we let her out of the cone and then needed to go back in it would be a tall order to Pingu to manage on his own. I'll be back tomorrow so we can always have a look see how well she behaves sans collar on Thursday or Friday night.
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #1354 on: 18 September, 2019, 08:06:47 pm »
I saw Blackie cavorting on the right side of the garden this morning, with what I presumed to be a mouse or rat.

David found a corpse-less squirrel tail at the site this evening.

David had earlier stated the cats were having a lazy day.

I don't think so!

Gattopardo

• Lord of the sith
  • Overseaing the building of the death star
« Reply #1355 on: 18 September, 2019, 09:19:09 pm »

Yeah and you might as well have talked to the wall.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #1356 on: 18 September, 2019, 10:15:51 pm »
That's the thing about cats.  They're all about education when it's opening the cupboard with the fish food or learning how to switch the bathroom light off when someone's in the bath, but try to explain to them that Siamese cats are supposed to be intelligent, or that carnivores aren't supposed to eat broccoli, or that litter trays aren't for sitting in and pooing over the edges, or whatever and it's another story...

ian

« Reply #1357 on: 18 September, 2019, 10:22:52 pm »
I'm actually moving them to an online educational platform. There will be modules.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #1358 on: 18 September, 2019, 10:23:46 pm »
I'm actually moving them to an online educational platform. There will be modules.

Watch out, they'll get you with the feedback forms.

« Reply #1359 on: 19 September, 2019, 11:20:37 am »
Not forgetting the league tables and the feline version of OFSTED carrying out spot visits

ian

« Reply #1360 on: 19 September, 2019, 11:34:04 am »

Watch out, they'll get you with the feedback forms.

And NPS.

Mrs Pingu

• Twitter
« Reply #1361 on: 20 September, 2019, 07:57:25 pm »
I got a toothbrush out to give her head a brush. She loved it. 15 mins later I needed to stop for a rest. Here's a little video
ninkasi cone brush by The Pingus, on Flickr

ian

« Reply #1362 on: 20 September, 2019, 08:47:22 pm »
Brilliant.

Our pair love being furminated.

Mrs Pingu

• Twitter
« Reply #1363 on: 20 September, 2019, 10:27:55 pm »
Ninkasi hasn't really discovered brushing except for her neck which you can't do hard enough or long enough. But the toothbrush went down well in the special circumstances :)

« Reply #1364 on: 23 September, 2019, 10:18:27 am »
Not right now but Anja has finally got the concrete off her paws having walked through the immaculate concrete base layer of our extension our builder laid on Friday afternoon. It was perfectly smooth and setting nicely for about an hour before she couldn't resist the temptation and then discovered three inches of wet concrete isn't nice to walk through. Mrs trekker gripping her tightly and me scrubbing her feet was even less nice.

I apologised to the builder this morning.

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #1365 on: 23 September, 2019, 02:32:13 pm »
Enjoying cleaning a yogurt pot.

I thought that I would be nice to the mutt, cause she have been a good girl and just cute, so therefore I called her to give her the treat. She then trotted into the kitchen and crawled into her bed/box to receive said treat.

Where I spotted next to her the top of the hummus pot. The wee little rascal have dug it out of the recycling bin, naughty !!
Current mood: AARRRGGGGHHHHH !!! #bollockstobrexit

Mrs Pingu

• Twitter
« Reply #1366 on: 23 September, 2019, 08:35:00 pm »
Ninkasi hasn't really discovered brushing except for her neck which you can't do hard enough or long enough. But the toothbrush went down well in the special circumstances :)

Hurrah, the stitch is out and the cone is off.
Now she can't decide whether to moan at the door to go out (the vet said to keep her in for 24H), wash all the dirty bits or chase all the toys.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #1367 on: 09 October, 2019, 06:39:37 pm »
Blackie (female, neutered, 26 months) seems to have acquired a young (?3 months?) ginger & white friend.

They walked down the garden path together, inspected the garage door cat flap, then parted company.

Kitten was wearing a collar, so presumably has an owner somewhere.

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #1368 on: 12 October, 2019, 09:02:42 pm »
Ewwh.  Just been for an evening stroll and I obviously wasn't keeping a close enough eye on Megan.  She is now wearing her favourite fragrance.  'Fox Shit #7' 
This way for your cold shower, you horrible dog.
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

Auntie Helen

• 6 Wheels in Germany
« Reply #1369 on: 12 October, 2019, 09:15:46 pm »
Rubbing tomato ketchup in it helps, surprisingly.
My blog on cycling in Germany and eating German cake – http://www.auntiehelen.co.uk

« Reply #1370 on: 14 October, 2019, 09:39:07 am »
Just dropped Tilly off at the kennels as I'm off away for work for four days and Mrs Pcolbeck leaves for work at 7:15 and doesn't get back until 4:00pm Monday to Thursday and we don't like leaving her alone for that long. We had the usual joy and bouncing when she there and was really pleased to see Sue who owns the kennels followed by the crying and whining when it dawned on her I was going to leave without her. Always makes me feel like a total heel even though I know she will be fine and loves playing with the other dogs and gets to run around in the fields around the kennels every day.
I think you'll find it's a bit more complicated than that.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #1371 on: 21 October, 2019, 12:54:15 pm »
Big Brown Cat is resting on David's big HP printer. He has started favouring this perch in the mornings.
I hope the printer still works as I need to print papers for a meeting tonight.
Blackie is on the top of the back of the sofa.
David is still asleep in bed.

ETA Printer works OK.

Sleeping mammals have woken and eaten.

Gattopardo

• Lord of the sith
« Reply #1372 on: 21 October, 2019, 09:49:13 pm »
Girl cat is licking my feet after I have showered.

Then she went and licked her arse....so to get the taste of my feet out of her mouth...

« Reply #1373 on: 22 October, 2019, 12:03:50 am »
Demanding some tummeh action

Gattopardo

• Lord of the sith
« Reply #1374 on: 22 October, 2019, 04:45:14 pm »
Boy cat has awakened, he has protected the Duvet from escaping.  Now he has wandered downstairs for attention and fuss.