Author Topic: What bike equipment did you use  (Read 3434 times)

What bike equipment did you use
« on: 10 September, 2022, 09:02:45 pm »

Mine was a 2014 cannondale synapse with tt bars fitted rim brakes 32mm gp5000 tyres only change from 2017 was the addition of a redshift stem which was a definite improvement.
Exposure lights
Apidura rear bag .

Re: What bike equipment did you use
« Reply #1 on: 11 September, 2022, 06:34:22 am »
2018 Geoff Booker upright tricycle  with a new Giles Berthold saddle TT bars rack and saddlebag. Very, very comfortable, would have been far harder on a bicycle. YMMV!

« Reply #2 on: 11 September, 2022, 01:58:48 pm »
Dolan Pre cursa track bike
Fixed gear 48-19
Apidura frame bag
Rapha bar bag

« Reply #3 on: 11 September, 2022, 02:52:46 pm »
upright tricycle ... would have been far harder on a bicycle. YMMV!

In 2013 there was a bit of road, I think between Pocklington and Thirsk if I remember correctly, made of two narrow tracks separated by the distance of a car axle, and wild grass in the middle. Although it was not a problem on two wheels, that bit was a nightmare for all three-wheeled riders. I suppose from your comment that there was none of such kind of roads in 2022?

A

« Reply #4 on: 11 September, 2022, 05:51:39 pm »
I meant just harder for me as a rider. I understand that most will find that a strange opinion!

« Reply #5 on: 11 September, 2022, 06:26:23 pm »
Audax is a broad church!

« Reply #6 on: 14 September, 2022, 11:15:07 am »
Audax is a broad church!

What's not to like? ??? I think it's beautiful.  8) 8)
(Good job for me that Geoff Booker won't export to France and that there's not enough space either in the garage or my bank account for one.)

edit: People will think I spent all my volunteering time taking pictures and ogling the machinery! It's not true, honest!

« Reply #7 on: 14 September, 2022, 12:16:17 pm »
What's not to like? ??? I think it's beautiful.  8) 8)

I agree with you, it's a lovely machine! There was nothing negative in my previous remark. I am just impressed by the variety of machines with which people are able to ride an event like that.
I spotted it in Barney, and thought to myself it was the first time I saw an upright trike with modern disc brakes, proving that they are not a thing of the past!

(Good job for me that Geoff Booker won't export to France and that there's not enough space either in the garage or my bank account for one.)

It's your garage that should adapts itself to your bicycles/tricycles, not the other way round. For the bank account, sorry, I can't help!

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
« Reply #8 on: 14 September, 2022, 10:42:19 pm »
That does look rather splendid.

I'm sure a dim view would be taken of n+1=6, or 6 and a half
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens