Author Topic: PBP parking  (Read 2024 times)

PBP parking
« on: 30 May, 2019, 07:28:22 pm »
As a newbie, what's the parking at the start like? When I go to register it says free for cars staying from Friday to the following Thursday. Does this mean once you park up you cant leave. I'm thinking more about the bike check the day before if my accommodation is quite far away? Can I drive in, have the check then drive away and return ion the Sunday?

Ben T

Re: PBP parking
« Reply #1 on: 30 May, 2019, 11:06:17 pm »
I've been wondering if it's likely to be a field, i.e. muddy... as my car copes less well than average, tends to get stuck wheel spinning in the slightest bit of mud.

Although I guess noone really knows since it's the first year it's started from the current location.

« Reply #2 on: 31 May, 2019, 07:15:50 am »
As a newbie, what's the parking at the start like? When I go to register it says free for cars staying from Friday to the following Thursday. Does this mean once you park up you cant leave. I'm thinking more about the bike check the day before if my accommodation is quite far away? Can I drive in, have the check then drive away and return ion the Sunday?

I guess thinking logically, with people coming and going with different start and finish times that parking will allow for that, it won't be like the parking at a ferry terminal with imported/exported cars where "yours" could be hemmed in with a 2" gap by another 1000 cars.

As for the bike check, you could always park in town/surrounding area or at the large supermarket and ride in a couple of Kms ?

But the real answer is only known by the organisers.

« Reply #3 on: 31 May, 2019, 10:09:36 am »
In 2011 it was a multi-storey car park that you could enter or depart any time you wished between Sunday and Thursday, but as said above now the start has moved it could be completely different.

Ben T

« Reply #4 on: 31 May, 2019, 10:23:11 am »
My plan A is to use it, but to identify an alternative car park that I don't have to pay for in advance, but that I can rock up to just in case the one PBP has organised turns out to be unsuitable for any reason.

« Reply #5 on: 31 May, 2019, 12:03:26 pm »
In 2011 it was a multi-storey car park that you could enter or depart any time you wished between Sunday and Thursday, but as said above now the start has moved it could be completely different.

One thing I can say for sure is that there is no multi-storey car park near the new start. Very likely to be a gravel field for the first entrants, grass field for all the others.

« Reply #6 on: 31 May, 2019, 08:28:58 pm »
 :

I guess thinking logically, with people coming and going with different start and finish times that parking will allow for that, it won't be like the parking at a ferry terminal with imported/exported cars where "yours" could be hemmed in with a 2" gap by another 1000 cars.

As for the bike check, you could always park in town/surrounding area or at the large supermarket and ride in a couple of Kms ?

But the real answer is only known by the organisers.

As always. Parking a few Km away and riding to the bike check is a good idea seeing as I've only been able to find accommodation in chartres, a 40 min drive away

« Reply #7 on: 31 May, 2019, 08:42:57 pm »
In the registration form there is possibility to reserve a motorhome/camper pitch from Friday to Thursday for 30€. Does anyone knows if this is just a parking space or does it has electricity and water connection? Maybe someone knows how was it in 2014?