Author Topic: April 25, Down to Downs from Edenbridge  (Read 1456 times)

mmmmartin

• BPB 1/1: PBP 0/1
    • FNRttC
April 25, Down to Downs from Edenbridge
« on: 14 March, 2011, 01:36:43 pm »
Just a quick note to recommend this, I've entered. Done the perm a few times - super route. Edenbridge  for a 10am start is easy to get to by train, and the route includes Ide Hill, Toys Hill and Gills Lap - now, these are hills but to be honest they are not particularly long. A route that crosses the Ashdown Forest a couple of times can't be bad. And unless I am mistaken, this is on Easter Monday and what else are you going to do?
event detail
for entry.
I should also mention that the tarmac has recently been replaced from Gills Lap heading north so this is a fantastic swoopy  ;D ;D descent of the sort you only dream about most of the year. And if it's uphill then you can just plug away - it's a fairly gentle angle. :demon:
Besides, it wouldn't be audacious if success were guaranteed.

Martin

Re: April 25, Down to Downs from Edenbridge
« Reply #1 on: 14 March, 2011, 01:38:59 pm »
entry handed to Billy at the Redhill Beach Trip. Hopefully it will be as balmy as on August BH when I last rode it. Some hills will be nice after 3 days in the Lowlands.

« Reply #2 on: 14 March, 2011, 04:16:47 pm »
I've entered this one too. The start is quite local so I even get a lie in. I can't think of a nicer thing to do on a bank holiday monday than slogging my way up a load of hills!

Billy Weir

« Reply #3 on: 14 March, 2011, 05:09:47 pm »
I've entered, but may need to ride it another day  ;)

For those that are interested in such things, the 30 entrant limit is a hard one.  Unlike my February 200, it won't be relaxed.

Redlight

• Enjoying life in the slow lane
« Reply #4 on: 21 March, 2011, 09:13:13 am »
I've entered, but may need to ride it another day  ;)

For those that are interested in such things, the 30 entrant limit is a hard one.  Unlike my February 200, it won't be relaxed.

How are numbers looking?  I think I can get a day pass for Easter Monday provided I commit to spending the previous three days in the garden!  I can make a nice imperial century of it by riding there and back.
Why should anybody steal a watch when they can steal a bicycle?