Author Topic: TV card for Windows 10 PC?  (Read 622 times)

TV card for Windows 10 PC?
« on: 16 October, 2020, 10:10:58 am »
Years ago, round about 2001, I got rid of my old TVs (portable from when I was a student in the 80's), and replaced with a TV card.  A Nebula DigiTV.   It was great: PVR, and loads of high end features for a fraction of the cost.  But Nebula has long gone and the cards stopped working when XP went away.

We've never got round to getting a new TV as wife and I almost never watch it.  But 3-yo daughter wants to see some things and don't want to deny her. 

I've researched the odd TV card in the last half dozen years but never found anything to match the DigiTV.  Are there any decent ones out there now that work with modern, Windows 10 pcs?

fuaran

• rothair gasta
Re: TV card for Windows 10 PC?
« Reply #1 on: 16 October, 2020, 04:09:31 pm »
I'm using an old Hauppauge WinTV card. Works fine with Windows 10.
The WinTV v8 software can be a bit clunky, but does the job, I don't watch much TV anyway. Think it can do the usual PVR stuff if you want. I rarely bother with recording TV, most stuff will be available on iPlayer etc.
There is a newer version of  WinTV v8.5, maybe a nicer interface. Though costs a few quid, so I've not bothered to upgrade.

I was using Windows Media Center on Windows 7, quite liked that. Shame it is now discontinued.