Author Topic: Windows 7  (Read 622 times)

Windows 7
« on: 13 January, 2012, 05:09:58 pm »
Good evening........

I have recently moved from xp to 7 and am learning new ways.One thing i cannot find.
XP used to have icons up top over the page being read to enable that page to be incorporated into an email or im(all my family are on AOL).I cant find the little dears in 7.

Can any one guide me in the right direction?

Ta.

n
Mal-odorous,liver-spotted, coffin-dodger.

Re: Windows 7
« Reply #1 on: 13 January, 2012, 05:16:16 pm »
What you are talking about is a function of Internet Explorer not Windows itself. I assume that you mean the icon that let you send a page via Email that was in the command bar in earlier versions of IE. Don't have IE 9 to hand at the moment but a quick google suggests two ways to do it (there may be more).

To use the Send Page/Link by e-mail… functions:

Use the File menu:

·        Press Alt + F on your keyboard

·        Click Send

·        Choose the applicable option

Or

Enable the Command bar:

·        Press Alt + V on your keyboard

·        Click Toolbars

·        Click Command bar

Then to Send Page/Link by e-mail:

·        Click Page

·        Click applicable option
I think you'll find it's a bit more complicated than that.

« Reply #2 on: 13 January, 2012, 05:22:56 pm »
If you're on the latest Internet Explorer version (and it will update itself automatically provided you have automatic updates switched on, which is the recommended setting) then you can simply do a right mouse click anywhere on a  web page and one of the options is "send via windows live".  I think you need a hotmail account for email though.

I think most people on here probably use Firefox* (http://download.mozilla.org/?product=firefox-9.0.1&os=win&lang=en-GB)  in which case you right click, select "send link" and choose your favoured email app from the list.

* (Welsh version also available!   ;D http://download.mozilla.org/?product=firefox-9.0.1&os=win&lang=cy)

« Reply #3 on: 16 January, 2012, 05:09:24 pm »
Thanks both.

We now seem to be sorted.

n
Mal-odorous,liver-spotted, coffin-dodger.