Author Topic: Affinity Photo 30% off - might be of interest?  (Read 2563 times)

slope

• Inclined to distraction
    • Current pedalable joys
Affinity Photo 30% off - might be of interest?
« on: 22 November, 2018, 04:23:37 pm »
Heads up post :thumbsup:

https://affinity.serif.com/en-gb/

I briefly tried the free trial, liked it/found it interesting enough to purchase the full price £49 shebang a month ago.

Haven't actually got around to adopting it yet.

Difficult to wean oneself off old dog/skool Photoshop CS5 ::-)

But PSCS5 is really struggling and not working like it used to, with current Maccy OS stuff - Mohave and even High Sierra.

You've got until Tuesday to try the free trial to see if it's for you, before the £34 offer expires  ;)

Re: Affinity Photo 30% off - might be of interest?
« Reply #1 on: 26 November, 2018, 09:23:46 am »
I've thought about switching but what do you use instead of Lightroom?  Does it play nicely with OS Photos?

Vernon

• zzzZZZzzz
« Reply #2 on: 26 November, 2018, 10:48:17 am »
I've thought about switching but what do you use instead of Lightroom?  Does it play nicely with OS Photos?

I believe it works as a plugin for OSX photos, but I'll let you know as I've only just bought it myself. They do have a 14 day returns policy.

« Reply #3 on: 26 November, 2018, 11:35:25 am »
Might be worth a go then, OSphotos has got a lot better recently, it might not be as good as lightroom but would be good to escape the adobe subscription

Wombat

• Is it supposed to hurt this much?
« Reply #4 on: 01 December, 2018, 02:59:49 pm »
I gave up on Lightroom years ago, as it was so painfully slow, even on my sprightly PC.  I will not use the subscription method, so I couldn't get any more updates anyway.  I changed to Capture One Pro, which is cheaper for us Sony users.

I also gave up on my ancient PS elements a few months ago, and went to Affinity Photo, and I'm happy with it.  I don't need it that often, as I try to avoid hacking about in photos beyond the extent that Capture One can do, but the occasional removal of annoying phone wires is useful.  It also stitches panoramas very nicely, which Capture One does not do (the only negative thing I've found about it in comparison with LR).  Apart from the panos, Capture One does everything LR does, and more, but does it in less than the total lifetime of a galaxy.
Wombat

BrianI

• Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's Lepidopterist Man!
« Reply #5 on: 06 February, 2019, 08:31:35 pm »
Have you considered darktable?

https://www.darktable.org/