Author Topic: Vacuum Cleaners  (Read 12801 times)

Blodwyn Pig

• what a nice chap
Re: Vacuum Cleaners
« Reply #100 on: 24 December, 2015, 12:18:05 pm »
Kirby....end of! ::-)

« Reply #101 on: 24 December, 2015, 12:33:37 pm »
Well, mllePB's gone shopping this morning.  I'm taking a break form another day of relentless paperwork.

Buying domestic appliances on Christmas Eve is becoming a regular thing for us.   The fridge failed a couple of years back and we managed to buy a replacement and get it delivered same day. 

Henry is imo the best choice but a bit heavy for mllePB to lug about.   I have a sneaky feeling that a Miele or a Bosch will appear but we'll wait and see...   

Piemaster

« Reply #102 on: 24 December, 2015, 02:44:34 pm »
Several years ago SWMBO deemed the Numatic (whatever the green wet/dry one is called) not working very well and it was relegated to garage/car cleaning duties. Since then the house has had a Dyson and several others. The current occupant of the cupboard under the stairs is...a Hetty.
The one in the garage still deals with everything in its path.
I like bags. Simple and easy to dispose of. The bagless ones still have to have filters changed to work well anyway.

« Reply #103 on: 24 December, 2015, 03:44:39 pm »
Well, a machine never materialised but she did talk about the Miele and Bosch machines that she'd seen in town.   

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #104 on: 24 December, 2015, 03:49:29 pm »
Try to check the weight of these things online.

« Reply #105 on: 24 December, 2015, 03:51:32 pm »
Oh, she does better than that.   She handles them in the shops.

One reason why I believe that the high street is invaluable.   It is inevitable that she will buy from the high street even though it will cost a few pounds more than the cheapest online offerings.

« Reply #106 on: 24 December, 2015, 03:56:13 pm »
Many years ago, while I was on holiday, my uncle bought a toaster which proved to be not very good at all. He took it back to the shop - and a loaf of bread so he could test the replacement before leaving the shop.  ;D
We have two ears and one mouth for a reason. We should do twice as much listening as talking.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #107 on: 24 December, 2015, 03:57:35 pm »
Indeed, handling good trumps reading online but a stockist might not have all the brands and objective comparison can be difficult.
My Henry came from a Real Shop.

« Reply #108 on: 24 December, 2015, 04:04:11 pm »
There are two shops in Rugby that sell vacuum cleaners.   Both stock Henrys as well as other brands.

Interestingly, the Henry in both on display is not the same model as we've seen online.

Biggsy

• A bodge too far
  • Twit @iceblinker
    • My stuff on eBay
« Reply #109 on: 24 December, 2015, 05:43:13 pm »
Henry can take plenty of abuse by pulling him along by his nose, so it's only for stairs that he needs lifting.
●●●  My eBay items  ●●●  Twitter  ●●●

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #110 on: 24 December, 2015, 05:51:08 pm »
Henry can take plenty of abuse by pulling him along by his nose, so it's only for stairs that he needs lifting.

This is true of pretty much any vacuum cleaner, surely.

If lifting is a problem, n+1 is the best solution.

« Reply #111 on: 24 December, 2015, 05:57:26 pm »
PB Towers is nowhere near grand enough to warrant a vacuum for each floor of the building.

« Reply #112 on: 24 December, 2015, 05:58:23 pm »
Oh, if she buys a Henry I might get saddled with vacuuming upstairs.    :hand:   :D

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #113 on: 27 December, 2015, 07:49:23 pm »
Indeed, handling good trumps reading online but a stockist might not have all the brands and objective comparison can be difficult.
Did you get your David from the same place? And did you get to handle him before buying?  :demon:
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #114 on: 27 December, 2015, 07:59:59 pm »
Did you get your David from the same place? And did you get to handle him before buying?  :demon:

Truth of the matter is...
... I got my David from the internet.

Trufax

« Reply #115 on: 28 December, 2015, 12:42:01 pm »
And the winner is ...

A Bosch Athlet BCH62550GB upright cordless!!!

Totally left field - I didn't see that coming.   Great features include an easily removed brush head for cleaning.

I've just carried it home.  It will remain boxed whilst we have lunch then go for a spin.    It can be tended to later.