Author Topic: Strava mis recording  (Read 1593 times)

Strava mis recording
« on: 12 October, 2023, 07:50:54 pm »
The last two times I've used strava on a run using my galaxy A12 it's gone all over the place, added distance which you can see on map its just jumped to a different location and then later refound me.  I've not tried it on a ride but don't know why would make any difference. Runs have been in areas local which I have not had problems with before

Checked settings and not got battery saver or anything on. Any suggestions. The phone is about 3 years old but fully working and don't want to change as is paid for and new contract is a fair bit more money

FifeingEejit

• Not Small
Re: Strava mis recording
« Reply #1 on: 12 October, 2023, 08:15:51 pm »
When did you last restart the phone?
I've had complete GPS failurs in my One Plus Nord sorted with a restart

« Reply #2 on: 12 October, 2023, 08:16:29 pm »
Probably not for ages, I tend to just whack in airplane mode as use as an alarm clock

Have restarted and might try running it on drive to work and see what happens

« Reply #3 on: 12 October, 2023, 08:40:48 pm »
Check the instructions here for disabling any battery optimization etc. https://dontkillmyapp.com/samsung

« Reply #4 on: 12 October, 2023, 10:37:26 pm »
Check the instructions here for disabling any battery optimization etc. https://dontkillmyapp.com/samsung

Yes, set Apps>Apps battery usage>Strava> Set to unrestricted. (I reckon)
I had a similar thing with Strava on a new mobile, angular jagged GPS track & battery usage had been on 'Optimised' - so not fully working in the background.
Cycle and recycle.   SS Wilson

« Reply #5 on: 13 October, 2023, 07:32:06 am »
Thanks, went into settings of strava and had set to optimised so clicked the let it harvest my battery option and for my drive to work all looked in order, even came up flagged as obviously wasn't running

« Reply #6 on: 14 October, 2023, 10:14:00 am »
And went for a ride this morning and strava on phone and garmin device pretty much agree so all good

Thanks

« Reply #7 on: 30 November, 2023, 03:34:40 pm »
Thanks for posting how to fix this problem.  I’ve had the same issue with the OS map app for around 2 months.  I was getting so frustrated I tried everything with the phone battery.  I even took it into a phone shop they didn’t have a clue and blamed it on the app.