Author Topic: Jersey Recumbent Weekend  (Read 1456 times)

McD

Jersey Recumbent Weekend
« on: 03 May, 2009, 09:40:42 am »
All Dark Siders are all invited to join a gathering of around 30 recumbent riders on Jersey in three weeks time (22-25 of May). Many of the riders will be taking part in races, including the closed road town centre criterium race. These races are open to all, but if racing isn't your thing, there is plenty to do:
> BBQ on the Saturday afternoon
> Guided tour of the island on Sunday morning
> Meet up with other recumbent riders at selected pubs and cafes
> Explore the island - Jersey is a very good place for cycling - at 9 miles by 5, you're never far from anywhere, but with over 500 miles of roads and lanes, there's plenty of ways of getting around. The maximum speed limit is 40 mph, a leisurely 15mph on 'green lanes' where cyclists have priority, and with the most sunshine in the British isles it all makes for very pleasant cycling. Wooded valleys, open sea views and a mix of gradients from flat to short and steep all add to the variety.

For more info about the weekend, visit www.recumbent.org.je

There are also travel and accommodation discounts available to yacf members - send me a PM for more details.

Cheers,

Keith Davis.

mtrike

• aka action barbie
Re: Jersey Recumbent Weekend
« Reply #1 on: 03 May, 2009, 06:12:26 pm »
Hi
I'm living in Jersey at the moment and will be there to watch.  Unfortunately I don't have the barrow with me so won't be taking part however if anyone wants any help when in Jersey let me know you find me crawling up Bouley Bay on the race bike.

« Reply #2 on: 03 May, 2009, 06:35:26 pm »
Hi Mcdee

We are looking forward to it

see you there
Recumbent Riders will rule the world........(maybe)

have a look here
Flickr: bottlemasher's Photostream

Tiger

« Reply #3 on: 11 May, 2009, 09:11:33 am »
What a shame - I would certainly have liked to do this but we are away that weekend. At the Crick narrowboat show... different type of dark side.

McD

« Reply #4 on: 05 June, 2009, 06:12:40 pm »
Well, the weekend on Jersey was a great success - 30 recumbent riders visited the island (including 4 from the Netherlands and 4 from France), most of them competing in the 4 races over the weekend. I have collected together the results, photographs and video from the events and put them on this web page:

http://www.recumbent.org.je/JerseyRecumbentChallenge/Results.html

Have a look to bring back the memories, or see what you missed out on! :-)

Keith.

Treewheeler

« Reply #5 on: 07 June, 2009, 08:37:31 pm »
Hello,
 At least 2 of the 'Breton' party was my family from Rennes,
 Gilbert and Regine Le Page.
I have just recieved their e-mail report and images of the weekend and looked like great fun.

Tiger

« Reply #6 on: 08 June, 2009, 01:48:50 pm »
Looks like a great weekend was had. Well done for organising it.

Jonno

« Reply #7 on: 15 January, 2010, 10:26:13 am »
I know I am very out of date with this reply, but am very interested to know of other tours you might know are being organised?

Cheers
Jonno

« Reply #8 on: 15 January, 2010, 10:54:59 am »
Hi Jonno

I went to the Jersey meeting last year and I recommend it.

Keith done a great job in organising it and this year Jersey is
hosting the recumbent World Championships

please see link
Intro
Recumbent Riders will rule the world........(maybe)

have a look here
Flickr: bottlemasher's Photostream