Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
I drove out to Owston (nr Oakham) today to watch the Cicle Classic race.  I thought that the fact that it had been raining since midnight would make a tough race even tougher.  It didn't as they cancelled it  ::-)

I was a bit disappointed that they had wussed out then had problems getting home due to flooded roads so forgave them!
The Pub / Re: The Grumble Thread - No energy for a full on rant.
« Last post by Cudzoziemiec on Today at 02:48:20 pm »
I knew it was a thing, but yesterday was the first time I'd seen someone hoovering their Shit Lawn (plastic). Ghastly stuff.
This merits a custodial sentence for the good of society. Or possibly being fed to ravens.
Just stopped raining after 12 hours or more.

Looks like it’s going to be 16 hours here. And it’s 6C. It’s forecast to be dry and double that tomorrow, and possibly treble it on Weds. Time will tell.
The Sporting Life / Re: County Cricket 2024
« Last post by Wowbagger on Today at 02:28:13 pm »
The only play so far has been at Kidderminster & Bristol.
OT Gallery / Re: Readers' Instruments
« Last post by PaulF on Today at 02:20:07 pm »
Another thought: if the nut is cut too high it could make barre chords harder. Especially if you’re playing close to the nut
The Pub / Re: The Grumble Thread - No energy for a full on rant.
« Last post by Pickled Onion on Today at 02:14:41 pm »
Hi LNER, thanks for the helpful message telling me the second leg of my journey will be on time from platform 12 at Euston.

Unfortunately that's bugger all use as the first leg of the journey is delayed by 37 minutes, and I know you know this cos you've sent me about 37 messages about the delay. So although the original 40 minutes allocated for the connection was a bit OTT, I'm pretty sure I can't get from King's Cross to Euston in three minutes. Even on a Brompton.
The Pub / Re: Tune Association II - Son of Tune Association
« Last post by Mobbsy on Today at 02:02:22 pm »
Little Black Angel - Death in June
Just stopped raining after 12 hours or more.
Online quizzes / Re: Squaredle
« Last post by Wowbagger on Today at 01:55:36 pm »
I played https://squaredle.com 04/28:
*74/74 words (+7 bonus words)
🎯 In the top 8% by accuracy
🔥 Solve streak: 7

I played https://squaredle.com/xp 04/28:
*20/20 words (+2 bonus words)
🎯 Perfect accuracy
Hope you make a full recovery PDQ!

My ageing mother did this a few years ago and has done well, following quite a lot of physiotherapy.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10