Author Topic: This is not a tour. Welsh rides in the spirit of Mike Hall - 2/3rd June 2018.  (Read 63929 times)

Just been plotting the 300A route. Have to say, it looks stonking!

(also largest off piste:paved ratio. Nice.)

vistaed

• Everyday stories
I really enjoyed riding it after we had put it together.
after hardship comes ease -
 www.strava.com/athletes/188220

Wycombewheeler

• PBP-2019 LEL-2022
Just been plotting the 300A route. Have to say, it looks stonking!

(also largest off piste:paved ratio. Nice.)

:( so gutted the boss called dibs on this weekend.

Eddington  127miles, 170km

Amyone know if/when GPX files might be available? I am awawy the week before so need to get prepared this week.

Amyone know if/when GPX files might be available? I am awawy the week before so need to get prepared this week.

I'm looking to getting them out either tomorrow or Monday.
where you have a concentration of power in a few hands, all too frequently men with the mentality of gangsters get control. History has proven that. Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Great, thanks Mark  :)

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
Arrived about 9am.  :thumbsup:

that's this evening blown ...
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

vistaed

• Everyday stories
The 600km is no longer theoretical. It's been ridden and within the time limit! I've put some words on the website http://tinat.cymru/2018/05/21/600km-recon/

Smeth

• less Grimpeur than Whimpeur...
Someone less busy than Black Sheep please tell me if there's been an email, or if the ride info is somewhere I can't find on the website please?

Could be BS is still ploughing through his comms workload of course, while Vistaed was off having type 1.5 fun

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

vistaed

• Everyday stories
BS has been sending out e-mails today. Best drop him a line of you think you should have received one. And some of my fun was type 3.

Smeth

• less Grimpeur than Whimpeur...
BS has been sending out e-mails today. Best drop him a line of you think you have received one. And some of my fun was type 3.
Ta. I'll give it a while before bugging him. Type 3 huh? Tell us after if we make it.
Thanks in anticipation for all the graft you've done.

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

Type 3 fun ? That's encouraging !

chillmoister

• King of Compton
Hi folks ....just a heads-up to say that the Dafarn Newydd Stores (about 1.5 km South East of Lake Vyrnwy) will be opening early on Sunday morning to provide first or second breakfast opportunities.  There will be coffee and the usual local shop fare and possibly some hot food too.  They may even be opening late on the Saturday night.  The shop owner should be putting out a sign up the road to remind the weary TINAT rider  :thumbsup:
appearing in a tea room near you

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
Hi folks ....just a heads-up to say that the Dafarn Newydd Stores (about 1.5 km South East of Lake Vyrnwy) will be opening early on Sunday morning to provide first or second breakfast opportunities.  There will be coffee and the usual local shop fare and possibly some hot food too.  They may even be opening late on the Saturday night.  The shop owner should be putting out a sign up the road to remind the weary TINAT rider  :thumbsup:
:thumbsup:
that place was like an oasis when we came across on it one Sunday morning on another Blacksheep event (I think it was a very flat 600, with a sleep stop nr Betws-y-Coed, then down to Aberhafesp via Lake Vynrunrun.)
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

chillmoister

• King of Compton
(I think it was a very flat 600, with a sleep stop nr Betws-y-Coed, then down to Aberhafesp via Lake Vynrunrun.)

Oh yeah ....THAT ride was pan flat .... :demon:   #brokeme   definitely the hardest ride I've completed and that was just within the time limit!  If the TINAT route is only half as good (and I have suspicion it will be of the same calibre) we are in for a treat  :thumbsup:
appearing in a tea room near you

(I think it was a very flat 600, with a sleep stop nr Betws-y-Coed, then down to Aberhafesp via Lake Vynrunrun.)

Oh yeah ....THAT ride was pan flat .... :demon:   #brokeme   definitely the hardest ride I've completed and that was just within the time limit!  If the TINAT route is only half as good (and I have suspicion it will be of the same calibre) we are in for a treat  :thumbsup:

That was my first 600km ride, if we're talking about the same ride, full of dragons and legends. I came across a cafe at some point after the lake, which provided a much needed second breakfast, before a third at Aberhafesp.

Eddington: 133 miles    Max square: 43x43

iddu

• Are we there yet?
OK - due to A N Other dropping out, if you're riding the 600 & still dithering over accomodation I now have a spare bed for Fri & Sun night at the Glen Usk, and if you're willing to add 10Km 2 spares at Caernarfon Travelodge on Sat (about 340Km in).

First dibs applies...
I'd offer you some moral support - but I have questionable morals.

Sloth make 600 map

I looked up a few of the opening times of supermarkets, cafés & pubs and put the info in the waypoints.
...of course these may be wrong & indeed these places may not even exist at all.
It might just be a desert out there. Although I'm fairly certain that it will be a wet desert.

Interesting to see that there isn't a control at the Northern tip. The devious could be tempted to make short-cuttings direct to Betws-y-Coed  O:-)

Interesting to see that there isn't a control at the Northern tip. The devious could be tempted to make short-cuttings direct to Betws-y-Coed  O:-)
Yes - the route sheet mentions a control at Caernarfon but actually ends up at Betws y Coed. The GPX as supplied doesn't actually go in to Caernarfon either ... maybe there'll be an info on the day ??

Ta for the map link  :thumbsup:

I looked up a few of the opening times...

Sadly I don't think the "Orgasmic Cider Company" is going to be open for us 400 riders. :'(

Hopefully everyone should have received ed their ride info by now.

Sorry that it was slightly later than planned, but I spent most of Friday and last week end answering "where's my route sheet?" mailings.  And basically shunted everything back two days, c'est la vie as they say.

Speaking of which. A motorcyclist has just burst through the doors at The Duke's Head  here in Leominster, and has finally stopped at the bar, I know we're in the West here, but jeez -  i didn't realise that sort of thing still happened. Nobody appears to be injured.

L
where you have a concentration of power in a few hands, all too frequently men with the mentality of gangsters get control. History has proven that. Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely.

vistaed

• Everyday stories
I looked up a few of the opening times...

Sadly I don't think the "Orgasmic Cider Company" is going to be open for us 400 riders. :'(
I noticed the sign for that place last weekend. I rode past.

vistaed

• Everyday stories
I've added another news article about accommodation and room availability at Highland Moors http://tinat.cymru/news/

SoreTween

• Most of me survived the Pennine Bridleway.
Will there be emails going out for the 100a & 100b?  I think all I need is where to turn up to each morning.

[ETA] Arivée too please [/ETA] Just seen the accommodation post stating HMGH is arivée for all routes.  Gonna assume it is the start point too as it is for the 300a unless corrected.
2023 targets: Survive. Maybe.
There is only one infinite resource in this universe; human stupidity.

alfapete

• Oh dear
Will there be emails going out for the 100a & 100b?  I think all I need is where to turn up to each morning.

[ETA] Arivée too please [/ETA] Just seen the accommodation post stating HMGH is arivée for all routes.  Gonna assume it is the start point too as it is for the 300a unless corrected.
Received mine on 21st.   Rides start from Linden Walk near Metropole Hotel
alfapete - that's the Pete that drives the Alfa