Author Topic: what I have learned today.  (Read 870237 times)

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
Re: what I have learned today.
« Reply #7425 on: 03 May, 2024, 06:37:14 pm »
Not to leave wheels turned out after parallel parking.  Bloke here did that and his car was scraped by a drunk driver.
With no out turned wheel it would have scratches and a wing mirror. With the out turned wheel taking full impact, a write off.

On an 'ill, I was taught that you should do so, such that handbrake failure would have the car roll into the kerb

Legal requirement to do so in certain parts of the US I believe (SF?) - you can be ticketed if the wheels are seen to be straight.

(Historic cause for consternation among owners of Citroen CXen, I believe, where the Diravi power steering would straighten the wheels up without you asking.)

The tale is told of a chap who forgot about the DIRAVI effect when stopped at a bit of an angle at an autoroute toll booth in an SM.  With expensive consequences.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

Re: what I have learned today.
« Reply #7426 on: 04 May, 2024, 04:59:15 pm »
That ASDA's Polish kefir is a close substitute for the filmjölk I miss from my days in Sweden. A really good sour foil to the sweetness of my home-mixed fruit and fibre.
Haggerty F, Haggerty R, Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Robson, Crapper, Dewhurst, Macintyre, Treadmore, Davitt.