Author Topic: Looking for a new DIY organiser  (Read 10623 times)

Martin

Re: Looking for a new DIY organiser
« Reply #25 on: 13 September, 2010, 09:53:11 pm »
Last time I looked Suffolk was in SE England (Martin) but Norfolk wasn't.  I think there was a map in arrivĂ©e some time this past year.

hth.

yes it's all a bit amorphous; a lot of cards were sold by Andy Uttley but his realm (now mine) has contracted with the creation of IanH's patch but you should send AU coded cards to me. Also it was the case that you had to enter via the org of where you were going to do the ride; not true anymore AFAIK.

« Reply #26 on: 13 September, 2010, 10:06:22 pm »
. Also it was the case that you had to enter via the org of where you were going to do the ride; not true anymore AFAIK.
I have never seen that written down in anything official. I thought it was all just misunderstanding on here.

Martin

« Reply #27 on: 16 September, 2010, 09:32:48 pm »
Thanks to IanH again I now have a one stop DIY/ECE shop

Martin Malins' DIY Events Page

please try it out in case there's anything we have missed  :)

DanialW

« Reply #28 on: 16 September, 2010, 10:12:42 pm »

Martin

« Reply #29 on: 17 September, 2010, 08:17:46 am »
updated DIY map

http://flic.kr/p/8Bxeki

excellent thanks; is it going on the AUK website?

any idea how it splits WRT numbers of riders / events?

DanialW

« Reply #30 on: 17 September, 2010, 08:28:10 am »

Looking at our Huddle spreadsheet, I probably validate more DIYs than everyone else put together. Rich is going to have his work cut out! Having said that, I think I've adopted riders from outside my area, who I hope will migrate back to a more local organiser.

« Reply #31 on: 17 September, 2010, 08:55:19 am »
I guess I'm one of those "adoptees".  I was always a little confused whether the key was where the ride is, or where the rider is.  It always seemed more logical to ask the organiser with the greater local knowledge to validate a ride, though I don't think this is the way it was intended to work.

Martin

« Reply #32 on: 17 September, 2010, 10:30:50 am »

Looking at our Huddle spreadsheet, I probably validate more DIYs than everyone else put together.

remember I've only been updating Huddle myself since June;

got a wodge of cards awaiting sorting from the last couple of weeks too; but about to fly off to Auld Reekie so they'll have to wait. I do gps's as I get them. If the reg 5.8 amendment goes through I might suggest to John that we have a "credit" column so we can keep track of how many rides people have paid for.

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #33 on: 17 September, 2010, 11:13:13 am »
updated DIY map

Excellent, thanks.

Unfortunately, the combination of my monitor and appaling red/green vision makes it tres difficile to spot the Hennesy/Webb boundary! Can I just confirm:
IH does the 4 "S Wales" counties - Dyfed, Glamorgan, Gwent, Glos(!)
DW does the counties immediately above those?

(This colour problem isn't new BTW).
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

« Reply #34 on: 17 September, 2010, 03:48:54 pm »
updated DIY map

Excellent, thanks.

Unfortunately, the combination of my monitor and appaling red/green vision makes it tres difficile to spot the Hennesy/Webb boundary! Can I just confirm:
IH does the 4 "S Wales" counties - Dyfed, Glamorgan, Gwent, Glos(!)
DW does the counties immediately above those?

(This colour problem isn't new BTW).

Southern half of Dyfed, me. You'll notice there's a black line through the middle.

border-rider

« Reply #35 on: 17 September, 2010, 03:53:45 pm »
This may help

Map of the Counties of Wales, the Welsh Counties

Danial has 6 Ceredigion and 17 Powys, and everything above.  Ian has everything below.  The dividing line in the former Dyfed is the border between Carmarthenshire & Ceredigion

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #36 on: 17 September, 2010, 04:55:55 pm »
Thanks guys, think I'm there now (assuming Glos is still Ian's!)

I didn't even notice there was a "North Dyfed" on the smaller map.

(So I was pretty close - apart from writing Webb instead of Forrest, and misspelling Ian's name, and getting my Dyfeds wrong ....   :facepalm:  )
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles