17 (34%)
Rubbish
18 (36%)
Can't even hit the board
6 (12%)
I'm not playing
7 (14%)

Total Members Voted: 47

Author Topic: Are you any good at darts?  (Read 3283 times)

Jayjay

• Layin' back a bit these days.
Re: Are you any good at darts?
« Reply #25 on: 20 December, 2017, 10:05:28 pm »
I was aiming for the "rubbish" button. And missed it.

Last time I flang a dart, 'twas in the Railway, New Ellerby. I got one in the board, and it didn't score.

Bairn Again

« Reply #26 on: 27 December, 2017, 12:34:47 pm »
I was reasonably good when I was about 15 and had zero social life and my dad brought home a proper darts board from a school jumble.  proper heavy pigskin thing it was.

This ability only stood me in good stead once in life when aged about 19 my local pub (whose football team I turned out for on a Sunday) had a coach trip (ie piss up) in St Andrews where by mid afternoon it was deemed time for a darts competition. 

20 or so of us, three darts each.  Lowest score in each round got a kick up the arse from everybody else.  Some weren't holding back when delivering the punishment either, others were more thoughtful in their kicking strategy delivering token side footers in an attempt to benefit from an unspoken but beneficial reciprocal arrangement.  I'm proud to say that my buttocks emerged unscathed. 

Ive always thought that this kind of thing would make a perfect "assessment centre" exercise for those team away days that I have to suffer from time to time.  .   

« Reply #27 on: 27 December, 2017, 02:01:29 pm »
Reminds me of the way that darts was used as an introduction to statistics in the first year of my physics degree. The great thing was that it didn't matter how good you were, as you'd always get a distribution, and an off-set between the target and the average position of your darts.

Which was just as well, really.

Aunt Maud

• Le Flâneur.
« Reply #28 on: 27 December, 2017, 02:02:25 pm »
Rubbish at darts, but can do 10 pin bowling.