Author Topic: Bus driver v cyclist altercation, Saarfend.  (Read 2239 times)

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
Bus driver v cyclist altercation, Saarfend.
« on: 03 January, 2018, 05:18:37 pm »
http://www.echo-news.co.uk/news/15803137.Warning_strong_language__Cyclist_blasts_bus_driver_for__near_death__overtake/?action=success#comments-feedback-anchor

It seems that the police and the bus company are taking an interest in the driver's behaviour, and so they should. It's probably best not to read the comments under the article. I suspect that Southend is actually the UK's Capital of Sheer Ignorance.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

Gattopardo

• Lord of the sith
  • Overseaing the building of the death star
Re: Bus driver v cyclist altercation, Saarfend.
« Reply #1 on: 03 January, 2018, 05:46:16 pm »
Professional driver not being very professional shocker.

The comments really show how people understand the highway code

arabella

• عربللا
  • onwendeð wyrda gesceaft weoruld under heofonum
« Reply #2 on: 03 January, 2018, 07:53:11 pm »
It's exactly the sort of cycle lane that I wouldn't use either on the grounds that it treats cyclists as 2nd class road users - the 'cycle facility' has a dropped kerb at each end and users are expected to go up and then down again rather than proceeding nicely on the flat as is the case on the remainder of the carriageway.  I routeinely avoid 2 such 'facilities' near chateau arabella.
Any fool can admire a mountain.  It takes real discernment to appreciate the fens.

« Reply #3 on: 03 January, 2018, 08:09:05 pm »
It doesn't matter how stupid the driver thought the cyclist was being (which he wasn't) that should not only lose him his job but his PSV (or whatever it's called these days) licence immediately. I couldn't watch the slow motion repeat. Too scary.
"No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everybody on the couch."

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #4 on: 04 January, 2018, 10:37:46 am »
Makes me glad I don't have to ride through cities anywhere. A subsidized cycle-to-work scheme is being proposed here on the grounds that it would save the Social Security 29 million € a year. Seeing this and imagining tens of thousands of cyclists crossing Paris every day, I wonder if it'll cover funerals.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

« Reply #5 on: 10 January, 2018, 02:50:32 pm »
Should be sacked on the spot.  Vulnerable cyclists (usually female) regularly go under buses due to far less intimidating driving than that.  Plus he should be prosecuted for dangerous driving.

Riggers

• Mine's a pipe, er… pint!
« Reply #6 on: 11 January, 2018, 09:42:34 am »
Thanks Wowwers, and I know you said we should ignore the 'comments' which, for the most part I do, as I know it'll only raise my blood pressure but . . . the most recent ones seem measured views and in favour of the cyclist. However, when you have people who post:

LORDY-IS-SICK 2nd January 21:24:17 GMT
should have put him under the wheels, ruddy cyclists
Last Updated: 3rd January 07:40:32 GMT

The anonymity that people feel they have, allowing them to post on social media such hateful comments, will I feel, lead to the break-up of so many things we hold dear to, and the reinforcement and entrenchment other bigoted people hold those road users other than themselves. As much as the police should investigate this bus driver, I really hope they could search out who's posting vile and inflammatory material online, and make them a 'person-of-interest'.
Certainly never seen cycling south of Sussex

Gattopardo

• Lord of the sith
  • Overseaing the building of the death star
« Reply #7 on: 11 January, 2018, 03:38:13 pm »
Nice to see fuckwits on the road, making life just that bit worse.