Author Topic: The KFCopalypse  (Read 4137 times)

Re: The KFCopalypse
« Reply #25 on: 22 February, 2018, 09:35:44 pm »
They sound a bit plucked to me.

If only DHL was a bit more cooperative.
"He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." ~ Freidrich Neitzsche

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #26 on: 23 February, 2018, 08:37:23 am »
The wife of one of my friends was taken to hospital earlier in the week (an asthmatic who somehow managed to contract two separate respiratory viral infections at the same time!) which in itself is not even chicken based. However, my friend has stepped up to the plate as you do and is looking after their 4 yo, . Because they live in the wilds of Scotlandland, hospital visits are a bit of a trek, but necessary as said 44yo is missing his mum. The tiny person was promised a KFC, his favourite junk food, for being all grown up about the situation. His father was rather disappointed when he found out that he was unable to deliver on his promise to the tiny one.

It's not often that there are sad stories with junkfood unavailability as their theme, although I will admit it is a FWP kind of sad..   
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
« Reply #27 on: 23 February, 2018, 09:01:22 am »
Some people make it seem like KFC is the only purveyor of phast phood poultry in this country.  I have to walk past half a dozen fried chicken shops1 to get to my local KFC, some of which also do a nice curry if one fancies a change.

As for those who actually contact the police about it, I'd slap them with a fine for wasting police time/resources - even if they only tweet about it.

(BTW, Beardy: this isn't a reply to your post.)
;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup:

« Reply #28 on: 23 February, 2018, 09:07:55 am »
The one near Liverpool University campus is still open.  I’ll keep my eyes open for a visible drop in the local seagull & pigeon populations.
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #30 on: 27 February, 2018, 08:00:21 pm »
It is simpler than it looks.

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #31 on: 27 February, 2018, 08:01:57 pm »
And everyone who has been affected by the KFC shortage should watch this short video.
It is simpler than it looks.

« Reply #32 on: 27 February, 2018, 08:45:51 pm »
I thought this might happen:

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2018/feb/22/kfc-surplus-chicken-charities-store-supply-crisis

Landfill, I suspect. Thousands of tonnes. That’s a lot of chickens.

It’s waste on so many levels - needs its own word, waste isn’t strong enough.

« Reply #33 on: 28 February, 2018, 11:46:30 am »
Don't know if this should be in this thread or the sh1te courier thread

https://www.devonlive.com/whats-on/food-drink/devon-man-left-stunned-after-1257489

« Reply #34 on: 28 February, 2018, 02:00:37 pm »
Seems Nandos have made the news as their chips are actually McCains. Did people think there was someone in the back peeling/frying?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-43209486

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #35 on: 28 February, 2018, 08:36:05 pm »