Author Topic: BB7 MTB Bike Brakes Disc Mechanical Caliper Rear Wheel+160mm Rotor New NC  (Read 941 times)

Several Far Eastern sellers are offering the above on eBay at about £16 posted.
They look like Avid to my untutored eye but make no claim to be (Roswheel is mentioned in the detail) and when I queried with one I got an evasive answer.

Anybody know if these are Avid? Perhaps coming from the factory that make Avid's goods, or somesuch?
Never knowingly under caffeinated

Phil W

Don't know but I got a pair of Trp Spyre for £78 and all legit.  If under £135 then there is no duty or VAT to pay on European imports.

I have to admit that I knowingly bought a pair of similarly fake BB5s a few years ago and have to say I've been impressed with the quality, performance and reliability.  The only obvious difference was the branding and a hex socket adjuster instead of torx.
Most of the stuff I say is true because I saw it in a dream and I don't have the presence of mind to make up lies when I'm asleep.   Bryan Andreas

looking at the pictures they are pretty clearly not Avid calipers, but are fairly close clones. They might be OK , they might not; pot luck job really....

cheers

fuaran

• rothair gasta
Don't know but I got a pair of Trp Spyre for £78 and all legit.  If under £135 then there is no duty or VAT to pay on European imports.
Anything over £15 is liable for import VAT (20%). Plus a handling fee from the courier, which could be up to £10.
Or course, most of the Chinese sellers will give a misleading value and label it as a gift etc, so you may get away with it.

Thank you all. I decided not to take the chance.
Never knowingly under caffeinated