Author Topic: How to Use Revolut Virtual Card?  (Read 1420 times)

How to Use Revolut Virtual Card?
« on: 18 July, 2018, 03:16:12 pm »
In Copenhagen with a Revolut virtual card but not sure how this supposed to be used in a shop checkout for example. Anyone have any experience of using one?

urban_biker

• " . . .we all ended up here and like lads in the back of a Nova we sort of egged each other on...."
  • Known in the real world as Dave
Re: How to Use Revolut Virtual Card?
« Reply #1 on: 18 July, 2018, 03:35:04 pm »
Virtual cards can only be used online. You will need a physical card to pay at a physical shop or terminal.
Owner of a languishing Langster

« Reply #2 on: 18 July, 2018, 04:35:35 pm »
You need the physical card in your hand. it is wireless enabled but last time I checked mine not apple pay.

you preload it with cash, spend whilst abroad then return the unspent to your account.

« Reply #3 on: 18 July, 2018, 06:55:30 pm »
Yes, unfortunately did not have time for physical card to be posted, so got virtual one.

mcshroom

• Mushroom
« Reply #4 on: 20 July, 2018, 02:13:13 pm »
If you are still there and using android. Revolut have just joined google pay
Climbs like a sprinter, sprints like a climber!

« Reply #5 on: 21 July, 2018, 12:41:49 pm »
What is the IBAN on physical Revolut card? I read where some French merchants won't accept them not being a FR IBAN

mcshroom

• Mushroom
« Reply #6 on: 21 July, 2018, 12:57:46 pm »
The physical Revolut card is either a Mastercard or a Visa card. I can't see where IBAN comes into it?

The Euro account has a GB IBAN address

« Reply #7 on: 21 July, 2018, 01:28:46 pm »
Sorry, I remember what it was someone here in France was trying to establish a direct debit payment from their Revolut account to EDF - the french electricity utility - but they wouldn't accept it b/c it wasn't a FR IBAN.

mcshroom

• Mushroom
« Reply #8 on: 21 July, 2018, 03:13:29 pm »
Ah ok. I don't know whether that's EDF being a pain, or whether that was from when Revolut used a shared IBAN from a holding account in a different bank. I think there's been international IBANS for a while now.

I know a cow orker uses bank transfer to pay bills for his house in Cyprus with it. I can't remember whether he pays direct or uses the card to move money into a Cypriot bank account though.

[edit]Looks like last year they had some problems when they were using a Lithuanian account for the Euro IBAN - https://community.revolut.com/t/bank-won-t-recognise-new-euro-iban-bic/9297/15

« Reply #9 on: 22 July, 2018, 02:45:09 pm »
Thanks, I think EDF was being a pain as I believe they're supposed to accept any EU IBAN, but France being France.

Good to know there's a GB IBAN now.