Author Topic: Mid-Essex Mid-Week Nocturnal Series  (Read 1719159 times)

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
Re: Mid-Essex Mid-Week Nocturnal Series
« Reply #11425 on: 08 November, 2017, 02:57:38 pm »
huggy's puncture from 21st October 2015...

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #11426 on: 08 November, 2017, 03:32:05 pm »
Wonder why I got a puncture  ::-)
Never knowingly underfed on an Audax

Oscar's dad

« Reply #11427 on: 08 November, 2017, 03:36:39 pm »

It was in the days before you saw the light and started using proper tyres.

« Reply #11428 on: 08 November, 2017, 04:42:41 pm »

It was in the days before you saw the light and started using proper tyres.
Ah, you on tubeless as well now Huggy?  :facepalm:

I am in for tonight.....but don't wait for me at Spa road, depending on how I feel during the train trip I might just jump at Shenfield and wobble up from there.

Tomsk

• Fueled by cake since 1957
    • tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #11429 on: 14 November, 2017, 05:05:33 pm »
Whither tomorrow? I'd rather not tot up 85 miles like last week [to be fair this was also my morning commute of 11 miles, plus an indirect route to Witham...]

Oscar's dad

« Reply #11430 on: 14 November, 2017, 05:21:15 pm »
Whither tomorrow? I'd rather not tot up 85 miles like last week [to be fair this was also my morning commute of 11 miles, plus an indirect route to Witham...]

Well the calendar says The Willows at Cressing.  But their website says the beers this week are Broadside, London Pride and Speckled Hen so not great in my view.

Can I put in yet another vote for The Vine at Black Notley?  Their website says their beers are from Adnams and Bishop Nick plus guest ales from across the region and further afield.  And they stock over 20 gins  :thumbsup:

Tomsk

• tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #11431 on: 14 November, 2017, 05:24:11 pm »
Vine by me... :-*

« Reply #11432 on: 14 November, 2017, 05:31:32 pm »
Is Black Notley closer for me? If yes, then I vote for it too ... just in case I get to vote on these matters

Eddington: 133 miles    Max square: 43x43

jiberjaber

• ... Fancy Pants \o/ ...
  • ACME S&M^2
« Reply #11433 on: 14 November, 2017, 05:39:47 pm »
Vine closes at 22:30 though and no signs of somewhere secure to park bikes.
Regards,

Joergen

jiberjaber

• ACME S&M^2
« Reply #11434 on: 14 November, 2017, 05:42:04 pm »
Other options are King Billy Braintree & Wheatsheaf Writtle
Regards,

Joergen

Andy C33

• Beverage Procurement Officer.
« Reply #11435 on: 14 November, 2017, 05:55:15 pm »
If we don't end up to fare from Witham Jes may be tempted out.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #11436 on: 14 November, 2017, 06:26:50 pm »

They have a little car park round the side.

« Reply #11437 on: 14 November, 2017, 06:51:36 pm »
Depending on the length of route somewhere like the vine would get my vote as really don't have much in the way of legs at the moment.

jiberjaber

• ACME S&M^2
« Reply #11438 on: 14 November, 2017, 07:44:47 pm »

They have a little car park round the side.

I can see a wide open car park round the side?  Its hard to tell from the 2016 streetview image but I couldnt see anything immovable to lock my bike to. They also have a small area of decking around the back but doesn't look like it's accessible from the car park.

I think I'll probably pop out somewhere for a ride to get the distance ticked off... Witham peloton deserves a shorter ride this week.. especially if it gets some others out... enjoy  :thumbsup:
Regards,

Joergen

Oscar's dad

« Reply #11439 on: 15 November, 2017, 06:01:25 am »
I shall be on Fred this evening so he's pretty immovable!  If we lock all the bikes together I'm sure we'll be fine.

Anyhow, here is a ROUTE the Witham peloton might like to consider.  If you fancy someting different bring it to the roundabout and we'll follow you.

« Reply #11440 on: 15 November, 2017, 09:03:07 am »
Ooh!

10k of COR

Maybe I need a mountain bike...

Sent using Tapatalk

Proving ambition is undone by ability since 1958...

Oscar's dad

« Reply #11441 on: 15 November, 2017, 09:08:37 am »
Ooh!

10k of COR

Maybe I need a mountain bike...

The Flitch Way is not COR, we have ridden it many times on 23mm tyres.  Some of you need to get some back bone!

jiberjaber

• ACME S&M^2
« Reply #11442 on: 15 November, 2017, 09:50:06 am »
I shall be on Fred this evening so he's pretty immovable!  If we lock all the bikes together I'm sure we'll be fine.

Anyhow, here is a ROUTE the Witham peloton might like to consider.  If you fancy someting different bring it to the roundabout and we'll follow you.

;D ;D ;D You've got a venue close to Witham and you still turn it into a Tour de mid-Essex LOL  PS: You've missed out a nice bit of COR between Cobblers & Jollyboys (go left @25km and then straight (R) on Cobblers Green triangle) nice cinder track past the big wooden ducks & alpacas.

Fred probably doesn't count as "Any solid object fixed in or onto concrete or stone, which is not capable of being undone, removed or lifted under/over the covered bicycle" unfortunately..  :'(

I think I'm off to HBO Cock Inn tonight for Pie & Chips for my tea...  :thumbsup:

Regards,

Joergen

« Reply #11443 on: 15 November, 2017, 04:42:17 pm »
I plan to join the peloton at Spa Rd tonight
Proving ambition is undone by ability since 1958...

Tomsk

• tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #11444 on: 15 November, 2017, 05:54:53 pm »
I can confirm that Jollyboys Lane, Felsted and related tracks are reasonable gravel surfaces  :thumbsup: probably a lot of wet leaves about though...

I will have shinies and helpers' certificates for those that weren't there on Saturday, also Mr Fandango's Randonneur 10,000 award.

Carlosfandango

• Yours fragrantly.
« Reply #11445 on: 15 November, 2017, 06:03:14 pm »
I can confirm that Jollyboys Lane, Felsted and related tracks are reasonable gravel surfaces  :thumbsup: probably a lot of wet leaves about though...

I will have shinies and helpers' certificates for those that weren't there on Saturday, also Mr Fandango's Randonneur 10,000 award.

Such a pity I couldn`t make it on Saturday and I`m afraid I`m working tonight as well. Sorry guys. You could save my trophy until next week or smuggle into Psyclist`s luggage, I`m riding with him on Sunday, he could present it to me in an appropriate manner.

« Reply #11446 on: 15 November, 2017, 06:27:18 pm »

Such a pity I couldn`t make it on Saturday and I`m afraid I`m working tonight as well. Sorry guys. You could save my trophy until next week or smuggle into Psyclist`s luggage, I`m riding with him on Sunday, he could present it to me in an appropriate manner.

If it's a heavy trophy, I'd like to present it somewhere near the start of our hilly ride on Sunday  :demon:

Carlosfandango

• Yours fragrantly.
« Reply #11447 on: 15 November, 2017, 06:38:51 pm »

If it's a heavy trophy, I'd like to present it somewhere near the start of our hilly ride on Sunday  :demon:

You know I`m big boned. I have 20 kg handicap to you before I even sit on a bike. Hopefully my trophy is small and plastic.

Oaky

• ACME Fire Safety Officer
  • Audax Club Mid-Essex
    • MEMWNS Map
« Reply #11448 on: 16 November, 2017, 12:18:56 am »
Hopefully my trophy is small and plastic.

I heard that they are made out of depleted uranium.
You are in a maze of twisty flat droves, all alike.

85.4 miles from Marsh Gibbon

Audax Club Mid-Essex Fire Safety Officer
http://acme.bike

« Reply #11449 on: 16 November, 2017, 07:31:12 am »
Hopefully my trophy is small and plastic.

I heard that they are made out of depleted uranium.

That would certainly explain the weight as I hauled it home last night. It’s the sort of weight you would want to carry when riding a hilly 200km for training purposes.