Author Topic: A random thread for small things that don't really warrant a thread of their own  (Read 2999929 times)

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
Re: A random thread for small things that don't really warrant a thread of their own
« Reply #21800 on: 08 November, 2017, 01:07:52 pm »
Moore's bike still exists, though has been missing a spoke for many decades.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Moore_(cyclist)
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
Re: A random thread for small things that don't really warrant a thread of their own
« Reply #21801 on: 08 November, 2017, 07:41:16 pm »
due to light failure, I showered in the main bathroom this evening rather than the en-suite, and stole some of my daughters mango flavoured shower gel.

I won't be doing that again in a hurry
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

ian

« Reply #21802 on: 08 November, 2017, 09:19:46 pm »
One of the great pleasures of my sybaritic and degenerate lifestyle is fruity shower gel. While there's only one true bubble bath, every day in the shower is a fruit cocktail. I have banana and cherry bakewell at the moment, and lemon for the swimming baths.

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
« Reply #21803 on: 08 November, 2017, 09:34:40 pm »
Dont get me wrong, I've nothing against lemon, lime, mint or a bit of chilli, but mango was a step too far
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

ian

« Reply #21804 on: 08 November, 2017, 09:58:22 pm »
I have tried mango. It wasn't really mangoey enough for me. I'm quite enjoying the banana at the moment.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #21806 on: 09 November, 2017, 09:58:13 am »
I have long been baffled by the use of edible foodstuffs (or flavouring vaguely related thereto) in bathroom items and washing up liquid.
Getting there...

« Reply #21807 on: 09 November, 2017, 10:01:50 am »
I'm using coriander shower gel given by my daughter. Nothing unsavoury about that.

ian

« Reply #21808 on: 09 November, 2017, 10:03:38 am »
Actually, the Body Shop used to a tomato shower gel. That was the most awesome ever. Then it turned out it was just me who thought smelling like a tomato was cool. Shame. I like the smell of tomatoes.

I'm currently emitting the faint aroma of banana.

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #21809 on: 09 November, 2017, 12:12:43 pm »
Dont get me wrong, I've nothing against lemon, lime, mint or a bit of chilli, but mango was a step too far

Mint shower gel is for perverts.

As for chilli... yikes! That’s gonna tingle.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #21810 on: 09 November, 2017, 01:02:54 pm »
Shower gel = "soap that's difficult to use".  According to Mil Millington anyway
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

« Reply #21811 on: 11 November, 2017, 09:33:42 pm »
Walking home tonight & a slightly merry chap says "I really, really like you choice of attire. Have a lovely evening"    :-)

(Tan brogue boots, darker tan trousers, a calf length brown tweed overcoat & a winter Tilley hat!)  Thr overcoat drapes & flows behind me splendidly...
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
« Reply #21812 on: 12 November, 2017, 10:18:49 pm »
I can't find just the video, so sorry this is a link to the fb page..

https://www.facebook.com/bbc/videos/1999349243413598/?hc_ref=ARRUtXcSj06p0cK_hBOlz-USyP9b9TtZ1AhN98Z5uE-bD2wqzyXo2OoYEJZk8wdgEbk

George is my aunt's father in law - his son is married to my mum's youngest sister. He's 97 and was widowed in April after over 70 years of marriage. He might be the nicest man in the whole world.
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

Eccentrica Gallumbits

« Reply #21813 on: 13 November, 2017, 12:52:15 pm »

https://www.facebook.com/bbc/videos/1999349243413598/?hc_ref=ARRUtXcSj06p0cK_hBOlz-USyP9b9TtZ1AhN98Z5uE-bD2wqzyXo2OoYEJZk8wdgEbk

George is my aunt's father in law - his son is married to my mum's youngest sister. He's 97 and was widowed in April after over 70 years of marriage. He might be the nicest man in the whole world.

This is George too

https://www.legasee.org.uk/oursecretwar/the-archive/george-foggo/143013460/

« Reply #21814 on: 13 November, 2017, 01:03:03 pm »
I can't bring up either of those links, or, at least, the video content - but I did see Operation Crossbow, in which the war was won by George Peppard, I think.  George seems to be a remarkable man.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #21815 on: 13 November, 2017, 01:08:09 pm »

This is George too

https://www.legasee.org.uk/oursecretwar/the-archive/george-foggo/143013460/

:thumbsup:  Admirable.  I hope he gets his century and more.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

ian

« Reply #21816 on: 16 November, 2017, 10:01:59 am »
The Guardian is warbling on about 'luxury advent calendars' – for which, as a gin-vent regular, I'm shamelessly guilty (we also got a beer-vent last year, which I know sounds like a post-session fart, but you get the idea). But rather splendidly as they castigate me for my dissolute ways, they did point out that there's now a sex toy advent calendar. It's what Jesus would have wanted.

Eccentrica Gallumbits

« Reply #21817 on: 16 November, 2017, 12:24:27 pm »
And Greggs have "had to" apologise after some people got upset that their advent calendar has replaced the Baby Cheeses with a sausage roll.

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #21818 on: 16 November, 2017, 12:46:18 pm »
One of the great pleasures of my sybaritic and degenerate lifestyle is fruity shower gel. While there's only one true bubble bath, every day in the shower is a fruit cocktail. I have banana and cherry bakewell at the moment, and lemon for the swimming baths.

Do you vape? I think you'd like it.

(or at least the smell of it)
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

Guy

• Retired
« Reply #21819 on: 16 November, 2017, 12:56:47 pm »
And Greggs have "had to" apologise after some people got upset that their advent calendar has replaced the Baby Cheeses with a sausage roll.

Why? Jesus spelled backwards is "Susej"  ;D
"The Opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject"  Marcus Aurelius

ian

« Reply #21820 on: 16 November, 2017, 04:26:49 pm »
Baby Cheeses is what christmas all about, that's why. Sausage rolls are good but you'd never find one in a manger.

And no I don't vape because it looks and is stupid. If I want to breathe fumes, I can walk by a local school at home time.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #21821 on: 18 November, 2017, 01:40:06 pm »
[Not really a SMALL thing]

Airlander ?RIP?  :(

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-42037832

mcshroom

• Mushroom
« Reply #21822 on: 19 November, 2017, 09:22:28 pm »
I've just realised that the only components that are still original on my touring bike are the shifters and the rear brakes (even then, those were originally on the front).

At what point does it stop being the same bike? ???
Climbs like a sprinter, sprints like a climber!

« Reply #21823 on: 19 November, 2017, 09:42:35 pm »
Easy. When you can no longer sweep up with it.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #21824 on: 20 November, 2017, 10:02:38 am »
[Not really a SMALL thing]

Airlander ?RIP?  :(

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-42037832
Horrible news.  I hope it doesn't scupper the project, either financially or through reputation. :(
Getting there...